Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

SH III on Playstation-2?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Comments to SUBSIM Review
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PFJ

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: SH III on Playstation-2? Reply with quote

Hi,

Will SH III also be available for Sony Playstation 2?

In general:
Could you ask, UBSoft and other Compagnies at the E3 Expo, if they intend to develop SubSim Games also for the playstation (-2) in the future?

Thanks, PFJ
america person

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please dear god hlet that answer be a NO.... subsim games becomeing yet another pc to console port NOOOOOOOO Very Happy
skriblz

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking the same thing.. once developers spread their focus to console+pc (from initially just PC) they start turning out crap (game is simplified for console users, and this affects the PC versions design). I've witnessed this with the Unreal Tournament series and the Deus Ex series.. I would hate to see this happen to a sim.

Simplifying SH-III for a console probably wouldn't have a big impact on SH-III for pc at this point, but I would hate to see the SH dev team begin a SH-IV with console port already on their minds.
america person

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes that would really bite
Heibges

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can already get a usb keyboard and mouse for PS2, plus a disk drive. by PS3 or XBOX2 this might be a good thing. plus, much more stable in online multiplayer with standardized equipment.

but i hope they would keep the PC complexity though.
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play Grand Prix race sims on my PC and on the original Playstation (I don't have PS2). While a subsim is by nature much more complex that a driving sim, I have often wished Red Baron and SHII were available for a console platform, for the simple reason that my Playstation never crashes, never freezes and never lets me down.

What it boils down to is that I used to work and play on an Atari computer which also never crashed, and I hate anything involved with Windows and IBM-architecture PCs almost more than I can say.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Comments to SUBSIM Review All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: