Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Some more screenies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Imperial U-Flotilla 1914-1918
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deamon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hay Adam how many MB can your mail box take ?

Deamon
AdamWarren

Location: The same as the last 23 hours... staring at the monitor TN, USA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deamon wrote:
Hay Adam how many MB can your mail box take ?

Deamon

2 megs on that one....

this one will hold 10: adamwarrenATsohmail.com (replace AT with @)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FUBAR295

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deamon wrote:
Thanks,FUBAR.

EDIT: How do you like the WWI idea ?

Deamon

Deamon,

WWI is great. Have and use Horsa's "Sealords WWI" & Torry's WWI mods for Destroyer Command. Love those Dreadnaughts as much as I love Uboots. Look forward to the day I can command a WWI Uboot.

Good Hunting,
FUBAR
Deamon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUBAR295 wrote:
Deamon wrote:
Thanks,FUBAR.

EDIT: How do you like the WWI idea ?

Deamon

Deamon,

WWI is great. Have and use Horsa's "Sealords WWI" & Torry's WWI mods for Destroyer Command. Love those Dreadnaughts as much as I love Uboots. Look forward to the day I can command a WWI Uboot.

Good Hunting,
FUBAR

Didn't followed the development of this modes.Can you point me at the link where i can download them ?

Deamon
Hitman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link:

http://www.amberphotography.co.uk/sealords/

WW1 is not so further developed as WW2, but still some nice work done. I know that Horsaīs favourite is in fact WW1, but this -unbelievably- gest still few support nowadays

Cheers
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here I am working day and night on my own WWI naval game. Kind of hard to show anything, though, as it's a paper and dice game for tabletop miniature models.
Deamon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitman wrote:
Here is the link:

http://www.amberphotography.co.uk/sealords/

WW1 is not so further developed as WW2, but still some nice work done. I know that Horsaīs favourite is in fact WW1, but this -unbelievably- gest still few support nowadays

Thanks,but i couldn't finde any WWI ships there.If I press on the WWI button it leads me to a site that contains WWII stuff ???

And what about WWI subs,are you gonna do WWI subs for the WWI mod ?

Sailor Steve wrote:
And here I am working day and night on my own WWI naval game. Kind of hard to show anything, though, as it's a paper and dice game for tabletop miniature models.

Cool,is it complex ?

So you like WWI stuff too,huh ?

Deamon
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's complex. I've generated a sheet for each ship class, with listings for max speed at different Beaufort states, variable accelerations, variable turn rates at different speeds, cruising ranges and coal or oil capacities and rangefinder and fire control positions and how they affect shooting.

I give a listing for each gun system, with arcs of fire for each gun and maximum and sustained rates of fire (sustained in this case meaning how fast they could get fresh shells from the magazines up to the ready-use bins) and of course the maximum range for the gun. Ditto for the torpedoes.

The above info covers the whole front side of an 8" x 11" sheet of paper. On the back side I have the complete ammo load for each magazine, including how many AP, Common and HE shells for the system, speed loss by how many boilers and engines the ship has available and how many electrical dynamos the ship has.

There is a shell hit location chart and a torpedo hit location chart for each ship, giving the location of everything I could think of that's of any importance (including Dead Space listings so you can also take hits in unimportant areas), armor values for each individual hit location, and a top view drawing of the ship with listings for the belt armor for each area.

Though it is complex I've striven to make gameplay quick and easy, so each section of the page acts as a flow chart, guiding the player to exactly what he needs to do.

I've also done 1/2400 scale counters for every ship so, even though it's much more fun to use models, the player doesn't have to, because, as we all know, models can get expensive.

It's not just World War I either; I've done some work on WWII, and also gone backwards for some American Civil War stuff.

The game is a long way from being at a point where it could be sold, and I can't even post pictures until I figure out how to convert my work files to viable pictures. Maybe if I converted some of them to PDF files I could post those.
Deamon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoW :huh: Bump

That's complex.Looks mutch like you are very knowledgeable on all the WWI technical data right ?

It's aimed to be a commercial game right ?

Deamon
FUBAR295

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deamon,

If you go back to : http://www.amberphotography.co.uk/sealords/Mainpage/tempsealords.htm

Scroll down just a little to :

SeaLords v 1.1

That is the WWI mod for Destroyer Command. Also At Jesters sight : http://jester107th.tripod.com/FleetHQ/SH2DC/missions.html

scroll down to the bottom in section labeled Mission Packs and Mods and you'll find Torry's WWI Mod .

Good Hunting,
FUBAR
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fubar's got a good idea-Rockwell Torry's mods are pretty cool. I had a few complaints about some of the scenarios-the victory conditions aren't always historical, and some of the locations are off. That said, I've had some fun playing them.

Daemon, I don't know if I'd call myself knowledgeable; I've just collected a lot of books over the last few years, so I have a lot of places I can look stuff up. Laughing On the other hand, I can tell you off the top of my head when British and German predreadnoughts got radios and rangefinders, or how many 12 pounder guns HMS Dreadnought had in any given year, and where they were located. Lots of useless information. Rolling Eyes
Hitman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks,but i couldn't finde any WWI ships there.If I press on the WWI button it leads me to a site that contains WWII stuff ???

And what about WWI subs,are you gonna do WWI subs for the WWI mod ?

Yes, horsa seems to have reworked a bit the site and the original WW1 stuff is more hidden, but it is still there. Some time ago you could even see some pics of the shipīs repaints, but I also canīt find them now.

Basically horsa repainted WW2 ships to make them look like WW1 and created some missions and interface mods. Since he had no access to source code, that was all he could do, but the missions were interesting.

This is a project only from horsa , and we did not work on it. We had scheduled working in his WW2 project ( Mediterranean warfare with Italians and Brits ), but it is momentarily on hold until we finish our Service Pack for Pacific Aces.
Hence no WW1 subs were planned.

Cheers
Deamon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitman wrote:

Basically horsa repainted WW2 ships to make them look like WW1 and created some missions and interface mods.

Yes the interfaces looks outstanding.He repainted the WWII Models ? you mean there are no WWI models in the mode ?

Quote:

Since he had no access to source code, that was all he could do, but the missions were interesting.

Oh,is he a programmer too ?

Yes the WWI missions differ in many ways from the WWII missions.From all the storys and reports i gathered so far i have a bunch of very good tampletes for missions and i think by studying this storys i have grasped the essence of WWI missions.I have already very interesting mission ideas that would challenge you tacticaly.

Some realy unique stuff waits here to be implemented.

Quote:

Hence no WW1 subs were planned.

What a pitty.It would be surly a great funn with WWI gazoline subs.But adding authentic and ditailed WWI subs to a mode or game can be a realy enormous effort as i did learned during my work,at least it's true for german subs.

Cheers

Deamon
Deamon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUBAR295 wrote:
Deamon,

If you go back to : http://www.amberphotography.co.uk/sealords/Mainpage/tempsealords.htm

Scroll down just a little to :

SeaLords v 1.1

That is the WWI mod for Destroyer Command. Also At Jesters sight : http://jester107th.tripod.com/FleetHQ/SH2DC/missions.html

scroll down to the bottom in section labeled Mission Packs and Mods and you'll find Torry's WWI Mod .

Good Hunting,
FUBAR

Thanks FUBAR295.

So guys there are no real WWI models in this mode ? Did someone of you tried the WWI mode for Fleet Command ?

Deamon

Last edited by Deamon on Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
FUBAR295

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deamon,

Sorry, no, I have not. Do not own Fleet Command, just SH2 and DC.

Those mods previously mentioned are the closest I can get to WWI, and very happy for them.

Good Hunting,
FUBAR
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Imperial U-Flotilla 1914-1918 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: