Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Version 1.0 of the Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter II, Destroyer Command & Classic Subsims
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fletcher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floater wrote:
Fletcher:

How would you suggest increasing the limit on campaign missions? It seems to me that 20 is a reasonable maximum number of missions for a campaign, anyway - more important, I think is the issue of random and branching campaigns, and SH3 might blow all consideration about that out of the water (excuse the pun).

20 is a nice number, but it places an arbitrary restriction on campaign designers.

I think making the upper limit say aound 50 would give campaign designers far more leeway.

Also, it would help those who wish to combine campaigns together.

I agree with branching campaigns. If you could work something like that into a program, then having 30 or 35 missions would allow for branching. Possibly combined with a .BAT file.

As for SHIII, I am not holding my breath. With so little feedback from the developers on the game, I would rather stick to improving SH2 and PA Very Happy

Quote:
As for ROE orders in KD/KT, that's near the top of the list for the next-but-one version - it didn't make into the next version because I ran out of time. An extra tab on the "Plot Properties" form, with all ROE parameters available, or just the default ROE - that's the idea. I don't know if or when I'll implement it, though.).

That would be very helpful for all players. It's a pain sometimes having to do it all by hand.

Cheers!
Hitman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP Smile

Someone asked some time ago about this thread, and I have casually found it in the depths of the forum Razz

I must add now to the benefits of the 1.0 unpatched version that time compression works much better :huh: Using exactly the same mission, with three 30-ship-convoys roaming around, 1.0 achieved 2048x TC easily, while 1.1 did sink to 64x-128x Surprised

So if there is some of you still poking around with SH2, and if this all can be of some use, there you go....

I myself have returned to it after playing some time with SH3.... :hmm:
FUBAR295

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitman,

Thanks for resurrecting this oldie but goodie thread. Had forgotten that it was there.

You made good solid argument there for going back and using v1.0. At time, over a year ago, I did considering setting up a v1.0 on my machine, but never got around to it. Now, after reading this thread again, I think I take the dive and finally do it. I do want to make my own comparison between the various versions.

Good Hunting,
FUBAR
Hitman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you found it useful Smile

Due to a request received through private message I'm making this post sticky for now. :hmm:
himmelreiter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Mods for version 1.0? Reply with quote

Very interesting thread; mostly regarding Wolfpacks.

I still play SH2 (1.1 + PM 1.03 + more mods) in parallel with SH3 1.4b + RuB 1.43.
As I don't play online anymore since two years, I supsect I should change my single SH2 engagement to the version 1.0.

What I didn't found here (or in other threads) is a list of the working and available mods for SH2 1.0. I suppose the Messerwetzer doesn't work at all!? Sad And what's about all the fine mods of Feilner et al? Or do you know a negative list: Which mods can't work with 1.0 because of xyz......

Thank you for information.
Piter_

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Mods for version 1.0? Reply with quote

himmelreiter wrote:
What I didn't found here (or in other threads) is a list of the working and available mods for SH2 1.0. I suppose the Messerwetzer doesn't work at all!? Sad And what's about all the fine mods of Feilner et al? Or do you know a negative list: Which mods can't work with 1.0 because of xyz......

I dont see the reason why to install PM on v1.0. It is mainly for netgames, v1.0 is for single Wink
About mods the best way it to try Smile
I couldn't make working IngameWheel in v1.0. Damn
Piter_

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GamePaused mod does not work :hmm:
And I've got error with EstacionRadio800x600 mod by Kolbus
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter II, Destroyer Command & Classic Subsims All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: