Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

help me please with Sonar

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanCanovas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: help me please with Sonar Reply with quote

hi guys, thinking of having a dig at Sub Command again but i had a few problems before. Basically I used to play 688i but never got into learning TMA. Well i got Sub Command and I couldnt play it! I didnt have any patches or mods but I just couldnt detect anything. For example, I was in the Akula on the mission where u near land in Northern Russia and there is a US sub around. Well.... Streamed the towed array and moved slowly out and next minute i got a fish coming right at me and Im dead. I must have tried it 20 times but could never detect him. If i can fix my inability to pick up contacts then i might enjoy it.
suttorad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Akula & towed array Reply with quote

Don't exceed 11knots, on higher speed the Russia's Pelamida TA is unable to pick anything. In 3 minutes interval change course 30 degree left or right - there is blind area in front of Your ship. Don't use active sonar, enemy immediately will fire at You.
Fish

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: help me please with Sonar Reply with quote

DanCanovas wrote:
hi guys, thinking of having a dig at Sub Command again but i had a few problems before. Basically I used to play 688i but never got into learning TMA. Well i got Sub Command and I couldnt play it! I didnt have any patches or mods but I just couldnt detect anything. For example, I was in the Akula on the mission where u near land in Northern Russia and there is a US sub around. Well.... Streamed the towed array and moved slowly out and next minute i got a fish coming right at me and Im dead. I must have tried it 20 times but could never detect him. If i can fix my inability to pick up contacts then i might enjoy it.

Download The Blue Book of Submarine Tactics and/or Timmy's Tactman course.
http://207.44.164.159/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=23937
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: