Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

SCX IIc feedback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomasew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gator

Don't get so worked up ... it's just a game/sim. Smile

Unfortunately, Sub Command is not absolute/accurate in the way it handles things.

I wish that I could enter data in the DB, and the SC engine would use it as it's supposed to .... unfortunately, it doesn't. :nope:

I just ran a couple of tests, ... Active Sonar works ok for me, ... and a Sub I just pinged .... shot the heck out of me. :dead:

What I find so interesting about Sub Command, ... is that people's findings, .. sometimes, ... seem to be so contrary to one another.

.... just different situations, ... different experiences.

It's all good fun .... Joking

BTW, having worked on the DB as much as I have, ... my 'frustration' factor, .. has been incredibly high at times. Rolling Eyes

.... however, ... one learns to deal with it. You have to. Cool

Cheers
Tom
streakeagle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What all you armchair submariners need to understand is that regardless of the small bugs/design flaws/simplifications of this game, this is one awesome submarine simulator.

If you disable the 3d view, play in realtime, and lock yourself in a room for 60 to 90 days, you get an experience that is almost identical to the real thing.
Gator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I like smaller missions with great uncertainty about patforms and significant randomization - never know what to expect.

Too bad there is no 3D replay. If it had been implemented I wouldn't play in 3D at all - always could check the AI behavior and visuals in full detail later.
TLAM Strike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gator wrote:
Too bad there is no 3D replay. If it had been implemented I wouldn't play in 3D at all - always could check the AI behavior and visuals in full detail later.

Ohhhhhh post that in the DW forum! Surprised

....assuming it hasn't already been addressed.
Comrade Torpedovisk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a full reinstall (Sub Command -> 1.08 Patch -> SCXII -> Install_graphics.bat -> Install_loadout.bat -> Doctrine Fixes -> SCXIIcFull (Lastest file from Ramius) -> ESMFix -> Install_graphics.bat -> Copy controllers.ini to Sub Command root -> Installplayablesub.exe) i still have the same problems!

For example, all the Typhoons [B] (Both years) start with the towed array stowed, even when the mission is set to "Stream TA". When you try to stream it, the cable appears from the port side and streams sideways. It stays at the same position even if you move or change depth.

It still works in the sonar station, the baffles area follows the submarine, but it's fixed, like the spherical array. Even at full length, it will move instantly.

Several other submarines have this problem, so far all Russian.

The problem started after the ESM fix, other than Odin, i don't know anyone else with this problem, maybe Konovalov.
Ramius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don't get is why you are trying to play with the [B] units ?

These are in the db so that you are able to put SSBN's into the game that will fire their missiles. When yu select these as playable you DO NOT get to fire those missiles.

So in other words they are exactly the same as the "normal" versions - which work fine Yep

Ramius
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Comrade Torpedovisk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No red button for me them... Laughing

The [B] units were the first that i tested. Disappointed, i didn't even try the other units... :nope:

Just tried the Sierra and the other Typhoons, the TA is working as it should now! Yep

Thanks for the answer!

I can't think clearly with this stupid headgear, it's too tight! Razz
fire-fox

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

havent looked throw the rest of the post on this thred but...

just D/Led and installed, 1.08, scx2, scx2c, esm fix, scu, and all on the tom clansy ssn missions (sory mate carnt remeember the gays name how madem but there the ones at subguru.com with the chines sub on his logo) Embarassed

any way i installed every thing (followed all the instrucsions), anfter a wile the game lockes up ( it never did it befor - and iv orlwase used a cleain install of SC 1.0Cool

ps the two buye's (red - green), most of the SLBM'S and the new radar site, and others are usung the SCUD lorncher scin

and one of the RN ships is a gost ship Surprised its totaly whight no texturs (carnt remember which - but it has 4 excorset lornsh units of the fore cassel bihynd a gun )
fire-fox

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

err .......... fixed my crash probler .......... helps if you put the cd in Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Spook2

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fire-fox wrote:
err .......... fixed my crash probler .......... helps if you put the cd in Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

not if you use the nocd patch...heh Wink
Catfish

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Vic,
now i agree that the Alfa wasn't that good, but if he did not have your exact coordinates, it's common to fire torpedoes in the direction of an attack, in that case the incoming torpedoes. And maybe the reloading time was longer than you thought ? Just an idea ...
Greetings,
Catfish
Nikita

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Subrocs launch speed Reply with quote

This thread is too long, so excuse me if was treated before.
In Akula, speed to launch subrocs must be less than 10 knots, althought i have read in manual or in USNI reference ( I don't remember ), that they can be launched at 15 kt.
Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Launch them at maximum of 5 knots andmaximum of 50 meters depth!
Nikita

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Pirate
Cobber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I install SC with patch 108 and SCXII/SCU it works fine. As soon as I upgrade to SCXIIc and try to load a mission it crashes back to Windows. I've had it running before and think my install of Windows XP may have been corrupted but my bundled software doesn't allow me to repair my Windows installtion without formatting the drive Crying or Very sad

Can anyone help with this before I take the format option.

I have not read all the pages of this thread so I apologise if this has already been raised.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: