Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Pacific Aces submarines
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH2 Pacific Aces
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sergbuto

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. Very Happy It is fun to do this. Very Happy
Hitman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So will this be updated in future months, ie new ship models etc?, hint hint....

The beauty of this mod is that it is fully open Very Happy .....

You can add more ships, subs, and whatīs most important: You can add new patrol zones that you create, simply by drag&drop your new template.... Surprised

I will see about doing a brief tutorial, but creating patrol zones with Korralle editor is a childīs play now. :wink:

As for future developements, first of all we will make a 1.1 patch after the release to solve any bugs/fixes that we did not see ( Believe they will be very few, if any ), and possibly there will come new patrolzones ( Malaysia+South Philippines and the base of Freemantle for 1943-44 ), eventually more convoy templates, and the Tench-class sub, as a repaint of the Balao model in different colour scheme, and with the proper characteristics.

Cheers
Frank

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As for future developements, first of all we will make a 1.1 patch after the release to solve any bugs/fixes that we did not see ( Believe they will be very few, if any ), and possibly there will come new patrolzones ( Malaysia+South Philippines and the base of Freemantle for 1943-44 ), eventually more convoy templates, and the Tench-class sub, as a repaint of the Balao model in different colour scheme, and with the proper characteristics.

I have run 2 patrols.........FRICKING GREAT JOB MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Dig ALOT!!!!

One request (ignore if need be--no offence taken) AN S Boat would be a true treat.

Cool
Frank
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailor Steve Seconds S-boat Suggestion.
FAdmiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, an S-Boat would have been nice but each new US sub took the
guys doing the model work many, many days which would have delayed
this mod till ??? I would venture to guess that one one would have wanted that...

JIM
Imp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Wooooo !!!! Reply with quote

Have been fascinated by the quality of the carriers draws !!! does we have it already in the PA patch or is it a new mod to add ?
Congretulations for the realism !!!
there is one question I wanted to ask about th Gato ? have seen there was on the tower bridge a sort of passage you can walk under, like a steel tunnel !!! is that realistic ? in the model of US Gato I saw in San Francisco, I don't remember this detail at all ?
Cheers..... Smile))))))))
Don cossack

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi imp,

The sort of "steel tunnel" is realistic and historicly accurate, as it represents the mid and late-war configuration for the majority of Gato class sub.
The sub, you saw at San Fransisco is SS383, Uss Pampanito which is a Balao Class fleet with an as-built open fairwater and heavy periscope housing.

Don Cossack
Hitman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Imp,

Don is right, the Pampanito is a Balao, and has a slightly different conning tower layout.

Gatos had a normal conning tower before the war, which was then cut to reduce silouhette by night. Those things you noticed are -as far as I know- remainings and reinforcements of the former structure.

The Balaos however were already designed with reduced conning tower.

here are two pics of USS Cod, ( Gato Class ) with the typichal wartime cut-out conning tower:

You can notice the passage you mentioned.

Cheers
Imp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks to Don and Hitman for details....
Then I never saw a Gato, as the one I visited in San Francisco is a Balao... meanwhile, I was fascinated by this sub, which was really a dog war, and for me still avalaible as a classic sub...
I think actual Sub German Navy forces uses a comparable diesels submarines very similar to Balao....
I think the actual french classic sub are derivated too from that silhouette of Balao....
US Navy was really in advance in this technology in 1942, remarquable work indeed....
Thanks for the photos Smile))))))
Don cossack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi imp,

If you are interested in US Sub developpment History, my advice will be to read the 2 books of M. Friedmann on the subject.
The base of all post-war sub is the german electro-boat concept (type XXI and XXIII).
Tang class (for the US Navy), Narval (for the French Marine Nationale) and W(?) (for the Soviet Navy) are close copy of the German type XXI.

You can visit the Espadon (Narval class) in Saint-Nazaire (44).

Cdly
Don Cossack
CaptainNemo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI there! I just wanted to show you some nice sub pics for inspiration Very Happy

Oh damn, I love this boat Yep
Red Devil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it possible to go right through the war without being "retired"?? I did 4 missions in a SARGO to be retired on arrival at Brisbane. In SH1 it was fine to get through war, but in SH2+PA ???
Floater

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty realistic for US submarine captains. They were moved off active duty after a handful of patrols.
Red Devil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*WAAAAWWW* Not good enough, whats use of a good sim like this if you cannot "progress" through the war.....
Arlo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Devil wrote:
*WAAAAWWW* Not good enough, whats use of a good sim like this if you cannot "progress" through the war.....

*quizical look*

Are you not aware that PA is a player designed mod developed without access to the actual source code? What they've managed to accomplish is phenomenal! Perhaps you should have done your homework here first before donating to get PA. It was no hidden secret how:

1: The mod was developed.
2: The dev team couldn't address some problems and issues because of lack of access to the source code.

Length of tours was specifically mentioned more than once.

If I was on the dev team I wouldn't find your comments motivating. Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH2 Pacific Aces All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: