Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

SOME SUGGESTIONS FOR DEVELOPMENT TEAM (please read)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oscar19681

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: SOME SUGGESTIONS FOR DEVELOPMENT TEAM (please read) Reply with quote

i have some great suggestions for shIII

* give our crew a personality ! whats more anoying to go out on patrol with a bunch of strangers ? give our crew a face , a name , and some background . i liked the way they did this in b-17 the mighty eight ( quite buggy though ) however i love caring for my crew and not just wanna see them as some kind of tool! i would love to see some kind of morale system for the crew to . a crewmember could get experience points the more patroll they have been on . and if they die you would have to replace them with a rookie , the more experienced crew members die the more rookies you need , the slower repairs go and other stuff. also if a crew member would get wounded and you don,t leave him home te recover his morale will dropp making him virtually a rookie.

* when pounded with depthcharges i would love to see light go out and the interiour shake and stuff just like they have in enigma (or even better with sh III

* let crew grow beard! let out crew grow beards as the partrol progresses . i,m not a programmer but i think this should not be to difficult . there are to ways to do this! 1 as the days progress on patroll the crew slowly grow a beard 2 or on seven days patroll the crew suddenly have a full beard . i would personally like the first one but i don,t know if this is difficult to do

* a realisic harbour . one of the things i was dissapointed about in shII was the lack of a realistic harbour . there was one ship some 300 meter out of the base , but there was nothing else! please give us some u-boats docked in the pens , and some cargo or other ship type docked at the u-boat base don,t give us the feeling that where the last u-boat to sail the seas! maybe even if possible some animated people at the base waving at you as you leave with the music and stuff . i personlly would really have a feeling fighting for something and WANT to come back from patroll insted of returning to some ghost u-boat base.

* point system . give us points or a score when we return from patroll ! with these points we will be able to get new boats or extra aa guns and stuff . bad score on patroll all the time? well then you have to do with the old u-boat you started with . score and points really makes it all a bit more dynamic and motivates all of us to sink the enemy . in shII i allways wondered what it was i was fighting for. believe me you have to be rewarded with something . medalls are nice but they don,t do me any good when i go out to sea.

* some fish in the sea? i would love to see some life in the sea ! not anywhere near the u-boat but schools of fish somewhere in the distance . or fish fleeing when you dive , this would be really cool . i mean the fish shoulndt really be full of fish . but i mean there should be some esspecially a deeper depth.

* better sea states . give us much wilder see states like you see in DAS BOOT this would really be a thrill . in SHII i didn,t like it at all , my boat would sometimes go under water when on full speed ahead , this isnt realistic at all . its the waves that should wash the brige and not because we go under. maybe even if possible makes the radio cables on the deck move because of the force of the waves , and the front upper torpedo hatch open and close due to the storm ( saw this at live footage used in the storm part of das boot )

* freaking crew . maybe we can have one of our crew member freak out from time to time when under attack . i,m sure this happened ! i mean some people just freak out when the,ve been through a lot of attacks .

thats all i can think of right now . i don,t know if stuff like this is possible ( i,m some of it is ) i,ve been thinking about this for a long time and i,m sure most of us would love to see the most of the things i named . but they remain suggestions offcourse
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
timmyg00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: SOME SUGGESTIONS FOR DEVELOPMENT TEAM (please read) Reply with quote

oscar19681 wrote:
i have some great suggestions for shIII

* give our crew a personality ! whats more anoying to go out on patrol with a bunch of strangers ? give our crew a face , a name , and some background . i liked the way they did this in b-17 the mighty eight ( quite buggy though ) however i love caring for my crew and not just wanna see them as some kind of tool! i would love to see some kind of morale system for the crew to . a crewmember could get experience points the more patroll they have been on . and if they die you would have to replace them with a rookie , the more experienced crew members die the more rookies you need , the slower repairs go and other stuff. also if a crew member would get wounded and you don,t leave him home te recover his morale will dropp making him virtually a rookie.

* when pounded with depthcharges i would love to see light go out and the interiour shake and stuff just like they have in enigma (or even better with sh III

* let crew grow beard! let out crew grow beards as the partrol progresses . i,m not a programmer but i think this should not be to difficult . there are to ways to do this! 1 as the days progress on patroll the crew slowly grow a beard 2 or on seven days patroll the crew suddenly have a full beard . i would personally like the first one but i don,t know if this is difficult to do

* a realisic harbour . one of the things i was dissapointed about in shII was the lack of a realistic harbour . there was one ship some 300 meter out of the base , but there was nothing else! please give us some u-boats docked in the pens , and some cargo or other ship type docked at the u-boat base don,t give us the feeling that where the last u-boat to sail the seas! maybe even if possible some animated people at the base waving at you as you leave with the music and stuff . i personlly would really have a feeling fighting for something and WANT to come back from patroll insted of returning to some ghost u-boat base.

* point system . give us points or a score when we return from patroll ! with these points we will be able to get new boats or extra aa guns and stuff . bad score on patroll all the time? well then you have to do with the old u-boat you started with . score and points really makes it all a bit more dynamic and motivates all of us to sink the enemy . in shII i allways wondered what it was i was fighting for. believe me you have to be rewarded with something . medalls are nice but they don,t do me any good when i go out to sea.

* some fish in the sea? i would love to see some life in the sea ! not anywhere near the u-boat but schools of fish somewhere in the distance . or fish fleeing when you dive , this would be really cool . i mean the fish shoulndt really be full of fish . but i mean there should be some esspecially a deeper depth.

* better sea states . give us much wilder see states like you see in DAS BOOT this would really be a thrill . in SHII i didn,t like it at all , my boat would sometimes go under water when on full speed ahead , this isnt realistic at all . its the waves that should wash the brige and not because we go under. maybe even if possible makes the radio cables on the deck move because of the force of the waves , and the front upper torpedo hatch open and close due to the storm ( saw this at live footage used in the storm part of das boot )

* freaking crew . maybe we can have one of our crew member freak out from time to time when under attack . i,m sure this happened ! i mean some people just freak out when the,ve been through a lot of attacks .

thats all i can think of right now . i don,t know if stuff like this is possible ( i,m some of it is ) i,ve been thinking about this for a long time and i,m sure most of us would love to see the most of the things i named . but they remain suggestions offcourse
So, make a movie, instead of a sim, is this what i'm reading? Laughing

TG
Neal Stevens

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

added this to the correct thread:
http://207.44.164.159/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=20885
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: