Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Oh Oh, Did I See Some Box Art !!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike 'Red Ocktober' Hense

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Oh Oh, Did I See Some Box Art !!! Reply with quote

Yes I DID!!!!!! (opening page Of Subsim site)

... well, that must definitely mean that work on the sim has progressed a lot further than previously imagined...

... if they already have box art, then this puppy must be verrry close to being ready to sail Very Happy

Clear The Bridge, Prepare To Dive!!!!!

(hey, i'm alright, i just like saying that Joking )

--Mike
AdamWarren

Location: The same as the last 23 hours... staring at the monitor TN, USA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see it... Surprised

EDIT:

NEAL's sig...

EDIT2: now wiat, it's got an E rating? It has to be really close to completed then! Surprised Surprised Surprised
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tiercellus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The box art looks like that taken from Avalon Hill's U-Boat board game (waaaaaaay back in the late 70's).
cdragon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiercellus wrote:
The box art looks like that taken from Avalon Hill's U-Boat board game (waaaaaaay back in the late 70's).

Hey, you're right...not the exact art, more of a variation on a theme...

Sniper_1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: box.. Reply with quote

So lets see, Neal has Box art of SH3, it has an E-Rating on the cover (which means its been checked by however assigns these ratings)..soooooo......does that mean that we're about to all get a not unpleasant surprise???

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cDragon... thanks for the memories... great pic.

Yes, Sniper... I think that the wind is blowing close to the storm... we almost let this one get past us.

Looks like we're gonna have to work on our post spy mission assement skills a lil more...

We've gotta take closer looks at those screenshots, and read in between the lines of those press releases, in order to get to the actual facts...

It's just like a U-2 mission... we've got all the data... we just have to analyze it better Very Happy

Hey, but it's not entirely our fault... the spies we have out in the system are falling a lil short with providing valuable and timely information.

We must learn assign one of our special operatives to a close tail, in order to get pictures so we can tell when he's walking around with a big, satisfied grin on his face...

... that's surely an indication that something is up!!

No doubt he's probably been diving Silent Hunter and making surface topredo attacks for at least a few weeks now... Very Happy

--Mike
mystery meat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya! I bet Neal's been playing this for about a month now! Joking
Hitman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make yourselves this question: Would you accept pre-orderings for an uncertain subsim with no close release date? Rolling Eyes

:know:
Tiercellus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdragon wrote:
Tiercellus wrote:

Hey, you're right...not the exact art, more of a variation on a theme...

That's it!! I couldn't remember the name of the game! Rolling Eyes
I used to play that one once in a while with my friends (along with Blitzkreig, Wooden Ships and Iron Men, and Third Reich. Those were the days-actually moving pieces representing ships across the board!!

Last edited by Tiercellus on Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Sniper_1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Watch em like a hawk... Reply with quote

Mike,

We need to watch what Neal and any other of the Subsim heads say over the next few weeks. Their 'body language' will be telling us what we need to know. Personally, i think Neal has been like the 'cat that got the cream' ever since this Forum opened up. I think this baby is in Beta testing and only a few months away from release...and that Neal has a beta version.....
AdamWarren

Location: The same as the last 23 hours... staring at the monitor TN, USA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neal was Beta testing for SH2, so why not?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NeonSamurai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of doubt it's in beta yet, probably mid-late alpha stages. Odds are if they were in beta they might have some of the dev team posting here. Of course it could be in early beta and they are keeping tight lipped about it to avoid making promises about features they cant garantee yet.

I think Neal though is just excited about it like rest of us Smile
Tiercellus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This still doesn't make sense. If the devs were that far along in the game, why would they be asking our input?

Much of what we are asking (improved AI, Dynamic (Random) campaign etc) would have to be coded earlier, wouldn't it?
Sniper_1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: how far along is it... Reply with quote

Remember that Neal said the developers had been monitoring the SH2 Forum for a long time to gauge what subsimmers wanted (and did'nt want). Maybe this whole thing is a tease, and the game is much further along than we think......

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that you are 100% correct T... or at the very least, 99% correct...

yes, much of the core functionality probably has already been decided on, or at least the code has already been laid down...

... at least that's what i think, opinion only, not based on any facts, formal statements, etc...

if the box art shots are to be believed (and why shouldn't they be) as examples of the real thing, then indeed the project is way past its initial stages... by a long shot...

... and yes, most of the 'input' may be just pre release buzz.

or i could be entirely wrong, the box art is just creative test art, and the dev team will indeed change over to the Pacific theatre as requested...

... and those screenshots are not from an already up and running game.

ya see how much fun intelligence gathering and pure speculation can be... Very Happy

hey, i'm sure (hoping) that the SH3 dev team is sympathetic to the inputs (reasonable ones) of the dedicated members here...

... after all, here is to be found the dedicated and elite of the people who will be first in line to purchase the sim.

all this is just a lil fun excercise in intelligence gathering and analysis T... in short, we are having a lil fun guessing what's next.

the truth of the matter is that on the SH3 dev team knows exactly where they are for sure... and how much input from the forum will filter into the dev process.

--Mike
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: