Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Message from SH3 Dev Team
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neal Stevens

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Message from SH3 Dev Team Reply with quote

Subsim Review received this friendly announcement from the SH3 Dev Team and they asked us to share it with the players.

The Dev Team is really impressed by the reaction of the Silent Hunter community to the announcement of Silent Hunter 3.

For the time being we cannot be active on forums.

While we're constantly monitoring your posts it will be very difficult to reply and have a consistent dialog without affecting the development process.

Rest assured that we're already working on how to handle this in a very efficient manner and it's only a temporary situation.

However, until then we would like you to know:

1. Silent Hunter 3 is in development in Bucharest at Ubisoft Romania.
2. There is no connection between SH3 team and the team that attempted to finish the development of Harpoon4. But, we can tell you that they are our colleagues here at Ubisoft Romania and we know how hard they worked for that project.

3. For the moment there is nobody from the SH2 team involved in the SH3 development. We don't exclude this in the future.

4. The Silent Hunter community is one of our main sources of inspiration for the SH3 features. And not only since the press release... Smile

We are very glad to see that we already considered many of your proposals and we think that your feedback is really useful.

Thank you,
SH3 Team

Last edited by Neal Stevens on Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:07 am; edited 2 times in total
NeonSamurai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is realy great to hear, i personaly am looking forward to when they can be active here. I am also glad they are paying attention to our suggestions and hope they will take the best of what we suggest and impliment it Smile
Gollard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,

Its defintley good news, its also nice that the SH3 Team, when there not busy working on the SH3 project :know: he he he , they may be able to spend some time here on the forums.

Or will be able to post and try to interact, and answer most of the questions that the community will have for them Laughing

But I understand at the moment, its still early, and you guys may not be able to do it just yet, but once again thx for posting this Neal, and also thx to SH3 Team Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Torgen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why dont we do like on Slashdot, and take the highest modded questions into a list and ask the devs to pretty please answer? Too bad the forum doesn't allow "ranking" polls, where you could rank from 1 - 5.
CB..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep thanks Neal and the Dev team Yep
Tiercellus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it bodes well that the SH3 team got a message out to the Subsim community so soon after the press release. Smile

I'm also encouraged that they aknowledged that this forum provides 'inspiration'. I hope and pray this positive relationship continues. I've followed too many games during the developement process (and beta'd a few) where some of the fan base turns rabid and become at odds (emotionally in some cases) with the dev team.

I also hope that corporate politics stays out (at least as much as possible) of the dev process. I've also seen more than a few good games kicked out before they are ready, just to meet a deadline (such as Christmas shopping season).
scrapser

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respectfully request at a time of your convenience, you can let those of us who are interested know if there will be a Pacific theater with US sub ops against the Japanese Imperial Navy.

Thanks for the announcement!

scrapser
R Hardman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooraaahh! Good news indeed.
Overkill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for listening to us. Very Happy
Musty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff guys, look forward to you giving us though long awaited updates on how things are going, I remember how I was crazed about every week's update on lock-on Very Happy
Ship Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sounds good! I hope we hear more soon! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tinitoon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great news!! The only problem I see is:
Quote:
For the moment there is nobody from the SH2 team involved in the SH3 development. We don't exclude this in the future.

I hope this doesn't exclude the procedure of taking the good points from SH2 into SH3.

I think SH2 was a good game. So they do not have to totally reinvent the category WW2 Subsim.
Fletcher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news.

Glad the Developers took the time to give us some information.

Communication is very important.

As a suggestion, it would be very helpful, say once a month, if the Developers could post a sticky in the forum containing info as what is being done on SHIII up to that point in time.

It would help us follow its development and eliminate rumours.

Cheers!
vils

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: I too Reply with quote

I too, want's to say hi and thank's to the DEV Team of SH3!
Sniper_1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: SH3 WEBSITE Reply with quote

Hi all,

How about an SH3 official website? no need for a new forum though, just have a link to this forum....after all we are the people who are going to buy/play and mod this beauty when she comes out.

Sniper_1
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: