Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Lets hope that it is better than silent hunter 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Lets hope that it is better than silent hunter 2 Reply with quote

I was a great fan of sub sims and have bought most of them as a matter of course . ( aces of deep , silent hunter 1 ,and other earlier games such as 688 attack sub) .

Unfortunately i was very disapointed by the last incarnation of silent hunter i.e. silent hunter 2.

Lets not forget how buggy it was .

Also there was no dynamic campaing , which was a real failing .

The graphics were quite poor for the time .

Most people who play sub sims are going to want a dynamic campaign and attempt to emulate the ww2 aces by getting high tonnage or simply completing a patrol .

A series of scripted scenarios is just a cop out by the developers .Had they made a dynamic campaign the last game would probably have been much more sucesfull .

As it was it received universal criticism for all its failings.it was pretty rubbish , and thats being nice about it .

I have my fingers crossed and really hope that they do a good job this time .
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: