Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Destroyer Command ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moetman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Destroyer Command ? Reply with quote

Great to hear about SH3, Good luck to all involved ,

What does this mean for a new revision of Destroyer Command ? Possible ?
swhalen36

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I was wondering about that myself, Is the old Destoyer Command going to be able to keep up with new SH3?
NeonSamurai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell ya pretty much right off the bat that no you will not be able to use the original or even modified dc with sh3. totaly different game engines.

As to if they release a dd addon or not who knows, they might just package it into sh3, or they might drop it completely.
Gollard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree with NeonSamurai

I cant see them, Redesigning destroyer command as well, it would be to much work, hey im not saying the dev team are afraid of work, but to do one job rite and proper, is better than taking on two jobs and half completing them Idea
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Furia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We surely need the capability of human controlling a destroyer or even some planes to fight U-Boats.

After playing online against humman DD or Human U-boats I cannot imagine a new game that is limited just for single player or some cooperative missions.
A U-Boat vs U-Boat would be just ridiculous.

I really hope they have plans for a new Destroyer Command or to allow a DD be manned in their release of SHIII.
KWolfe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the dev team will have time to provide a DD extension in SHIII but perhups they will work on a DD Sim after SHIII. Take in consideration that they will work on the game on more year... maximum... if they want to reach the Q4 of 2004! If they will deliver good stuff at the end of 2004 even only with U-Boats I will be happy!!!
moetman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, don't do things by halves, I think stay with one product SH3 and make it the best it can be..
NeonSamurai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after sh3 is done they may release a playable destroyer addon or something, or they might not, depends on the headache factor, and also demand..

But right now i would prefer they focus on getting sh3 right the first time with out worring about adding destroyers or whatever.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: