Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

New sound???

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snajdarn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: New sound??? Reply with quote

Anyone who have heard anything by sound improvments regarding confirming order voices when i give a command.
Ex when under attack i give the command "all ahead slow" the voice yelling out "ALL AHEAD SLOW AYE SIR" instead of whispering like the das boat pack in sh2.
I think it would be more realistic and im pretty tired of the same voices confirming orders without any feeling in their throat.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Snajdarn,

Sorry to say this, but i think your in the wrong forums. Looking at your post, this seems to be related to Silent Hunter 2 forums.

I reckon if you repost this over at the Silent Hunter II forums you will get more help and information on the above topic Very Happy
Gollard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Snajdarn,

Sorry to say this, but i think your in the wrong forums. Looking at your post, this seems to be related to Silent Hunter 2 forums.

I reckon if you repost this over at the Silent Hunter II forums you will get more help and information on the above topic
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JB

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: New SH3 Reply with quote

Good news indeed on SH3 . Is it not time to forego the "pretty" grahical side of this game for more effort in controllable play . Back in 1992/93 the amazement of original Harpoon was the ability to "format" one's forces into groups that did what one wanted quite reasonably . As mentioned in other posts "Eye Candy" is pretty but it does not even attempt to come to terms with any idea of reality .
Let this new game revert to a little more intelligence being in control . It was a pity that SH1 never continued the development that appeared to be latent within it !

ciao

JB
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: New sound??? Reply with quote

Snajdarn wrote:
Anyone who have heard anything by sound improvments regarding confirming order voices when i give a command.
Ex when under attack i give the command "all ahead slow" the voice yelling out "ALL AHEAD SLOW AYE SIR" instead of whispering like the das boat pack in sh2.
I think it would be more realistic and im pretty tired of the same voices confirming orders without any feeling in their throat.

No offense is meant, but that is a very odd complaint. The original SHII voices used a couple of guys with very dead voices saying things in a very dead way. The DBSM sound packs were just that-"DAS BOOT Sound Mods". They tooks sounds from the movie and mixed them in with sounds already in the game, and came up with something a lot less boring than the original. The reason they whisper when they go Ahead Slow is that in the movie the only time they did that was when they were hiding from the destroyers, and thought it best to whisper. There's no way they could have made that sound any different in the sound pack.

If you don't like all the work those guys did for you, you can always go into the game and choose which sound files you want to use, or just stick with the stock in-game sounds.
lafeeverted

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he is wondering if the stock sounds will be more like DBSM ,and not generic sounding voices :wink:
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could be right; I may have read him backwards Embarassed Instead of deleting and hiding I'll just apologize and sit down quietly now Sad
Gollard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange post, Rolling Eyes

Confused,

Maybe if the original poster could maybe come back and give a better example, no offence again, our European brethren, may not be to good at English, once again no offence, for the language barrier Very Happy

Still confused Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: