Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Invalid CD Key? Read this.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> ENIGMA: Rising Tide
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neal Stevens

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:27 pm    Post subject: Invalid CD Key? Read this. Reply with quote

The CD Key on the back of the jewel case is your Multiplayer key. You will need that key when Tesseraction Games activates the multiplayer portion of the game sometime around Christmas. That key is unique to you, and gets you 30-days free in the persistent world multiplayer universe.

The key you need to activate the game can be found on a separate piece of paper packed in the game box. It is labeled with the Enigma: Rising Tide logo and says "Activation Key" on it.

You will only need to enter the Activation Key the first time you launch the game.

Last edited by Neal Stevens on Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Tracer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come the UK version didn't need an activation key to play the game?

All i got was my MP key for registering online.
EAST

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different Publishers.
Barge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah well I'm in Australia and as far as I can tell I didn't even get a CD key. Didn't need one to install though.

The only thing that was in the box was the manual and the CD that the bloke at Electronics Boutique dropped in there for me in a paper CD sleeve.

Was I supposed to get a jewel case with a MP key on it? I'm not picky, and if this is the package its more than fine with me, but if I need a key to get my free 30 day subscription and its still on a jewel case in the store, I want to get back there ASAP to bring down some fire and brimstone....
Jesper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Barge

yeah youre supposed to get a reg key (looks like a cdkey) for the 30 days free online...

look high and low for it, and if you cant find it, then its back to the store and yell some nasty words Very Happy Very Happy
Barge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Jesper. I'm actually not the sort to start yelling until things are clearly not going my way in a conversation though, despite the fire and brimstone promises... Very Happy

That's only the second game I've bought from that Electronics Boutique and both have come in the box in paper slip cases rather than jewel cases. I'm starting to believe I should've maybe got a jewel case with my copy of NWN: Shadows of Undrentide as well, though the CD key for that game was on a separate slip of paper.....

Hypothetically, if there was a blind fool somewhere in Australia with an E:RT box, say, whereabouts would he not be looking to find his MP key? Ie, anyone know where it should be, other than in the box somewhere? If I can go in saying that the piece of paper should have been in there, or the CD case should have been in there. I know there's Aussies in this forum who'd have this game, I lurk around the Sub Command forum enough to know that......
AH East

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll follow up with Auran on the multiplayerkey, we'll find out what happened.

--East
Superior990

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I may offer a suggestion...

I got this game sumtime around december after I spotted it on the shelf and it looked good.... it took me at least an hour to figure out where the cd key was until I decided to shuffle through the papers.

For a while I stopped playing it, and I just resumed several days ago. Again, it took me a while to find the cd key. Not because I didn't know where the key itself was, but I had to go searching for that small piece of paper.

Might it abe a better idea to put the key on the cd case or maybe on the cd itself? I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had to go looking for that damn paper...
EAST

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have had that exact conversation with the Publisher....
Reaves

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my game some time in 2003.... Deffinately no slip of paper with multiplayer code... not too bothered but I kinda feel ripped that I'll be missing my free month when she goes online....

:pirate:
EAST

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of our mates (and sheilas) down under need only put AUSTRALIA in the cdkey for registration - we will take care of the rest.
Reaves

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks heaps...
Nice to know someone is thinking of us down here Yep
Nitro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful... Just got the game, and there's no magical piece of paper in there. :nope:

I'm gonna have to go murder someone at Staples...

EDIT: Nevermind!

Anyone that has this problem in the future, go here: http://www.dreamcatchergames.com/dci/support/pc/specific/ert/cd_key/What_is_the_ID_code_that_I_am_asked_for_when_I_start_my_game.php?pid=1&sid=9&gid=7

It should list your game's key... It did for me! Rock
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Neal Stevens

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case Dreamcatcher goes rogue...

PROBLEM:

What is the ID code that I am asked for when I first start my game?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RESOLUTION:

The ID code (or Identification code) is provided on a paper insert usually found within the game box. Look below to find the ID CODE associated with your game.

ENIGMA: RISING TIDE: QQCCLR-863VZM-XA42CH-AYY44D

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> ENIGMA: Rising Tide All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: