Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Installing SCU

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mau

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Installing SCU Reply with quote

One quick question,

I have installed SCXII and SCXIIc as per the instructions and evrything is working great.
Now I just want to be sure: if I installed the SCU (again as per the instruction, everything should be all right (no changes when I am playing with the SCX or Stock scenarios right?)
The only thing is that I have now one more submarine that I can play with (whichever I have chosen) and that I can now play with the SCU scenarios (like the Perisher one)
For the ESM Fix, where do I place this?

Thank you very much
MarkShot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did the whole SC+SCXII+SCXIIc+ESM FIX+SCU thing the other night.

The only thing that caused me problems was not realizing that both SCXII and SCXIIc have bat files to run. The SCU installer should be there already and you just have to move the controller.ini file into your SC directory and run it. Then, you can run the changer to enable non-stock SC subs for play in custom missions.

I am currently running both plain SC and SCXIIc side by side. I copied this procedure down a few years ago and it works like a charm. Here it is if you want it:

HOW TO SET UP A DUAL INSTALL

THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE was contributed by Tinman 5842. Thanks Tin!!

-Install Sub Command (install and patches and mods that you want)

-Create a shortcut to your desktop. This should be renamed to indicate what version of the
game this shortcut will be starting.

-Go to "Start" then "Run" and type in "regedit" w/o the quotes.

-Open the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" folder, then open "Software" folder, then open the
"Electronic Arts" Folder. Two sub folders will appear in the "Electronic Arts" folder.
Highlight the "Sub Command" folder (a bunch data will appear in the right hand window).

-With the "Sub Command" Folder Highlighted, go to the "Registry" Tab in the top menu and
select "Export Registry File", give this a name of something like "1.05" or "SWP" or to
indicate what version of this game it is. Now save this .reg file to your hardrive.
(Do not put this file on your desktop or into a folder).

-Put your Sub Command CD into your CD-rom drive and right click on the drive and select
"Explore"

-Go to the "setup" folder and click on the "setup.exe." file to begin installing the
second version of the game. Select "reinstall" and then either install this new game onto
another Drive and/or rename the destination folder to something else. (Both games must
have a different path way for this to work).

-When you are finished installing the game, install whatever patches and mod that you want
this version of the game to be. Create a desktop shortcut for this game as well and rename
it to suit whatever this game will be.

-We need to go back to "Regedit" and repeat the following steps.

-Go to "Start" then "Run" and type in "regedit" w/o the quotes.

-Open the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" folder, then open "Software" folder, then open the
"Electronic Arts" Folder. Two sub folders will appear in the "Electronic Arts" folder.
Highlight the "Sub Command" folder (a bunch data will appear in the right hand window).

-With the "Sub Command" Folder Highlighted, go to the "Registry" Tab in the top menu and
select "Export Registry File", give this a name of something like "1.5" or "SWP" to
indicate what version of this game it is. Now save this .reg file to your hardrive.
(Do not put this file on your desktop or into a folder).

-Now you should have two versions of Sub Command installed with two differently named
.REG files and Two desktop shortcuts.

-To play one version of the game, you need to click on its appropriate ".reg file" and
answer "yes" to "Are you sure you want to add ..... to the registry"

-Now click on the appropriate SC start desktop icon to play that version of the game.

-To play the other version you would need to click on that versions ".reg file" and
then click on that versions SC start desktop icon.

NOTE: if you run Norton or a registry checker, you will be told that there is an invalid application
path. DO NOT ALLOW Norton or the registry checker to fix this!!
MarkShot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, the ESM fix just gets extract and written on top of the existing files.
Mau

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply!

If I just want to have the SCX (not SC anymore)
So if I copy the Controller (to replace it) and I follow the Instruction (``Sub Changer``) I should be all right for SCU
Of course I have to extract the ESM fix as well.
Now with this, can I use both the scenario made for SCX and the one made for SCU??

Thank you
MarkShot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, SCX and SCU coexist without any problem.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: