Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

SCX/SCU News, Issues and Requests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsteed

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Travis,
No, I am not working on any additional subs for SCU at the moment. I am currently modifying the sonar sensors of SC so they behave in a more realistic manner. This was a project I started long ago but was side-tracked due to SCU.

cheers, jsteed
evoh_1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: wrapping issue Reply with quote

has anyone else had texture wrapping issues with the charlie I and II and on other craft or is this just a graphics issue with me?
Catfish

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Other/new weapon's capacities in SCXIIc ? Reply with quote

Hello,
i've installed SCXIIc withe the ESM-fix and just played a mission from Oleg Mastruko called 'Thuled out'. After two hours i realized that the launch zone for my (Akula based) SSN27LAM is some 160 nm away from the target- according to USNI data the LAMs should make it to it's target; unfortunately they disappear after some 40 nm. Was the file containing info of the SSN27LAM changed ? Can you edit it or is the original info (160 nm) wrong, and in reality they will only cover some 40 nm ?
Thank you, and greetings,
Catfish
Catfish

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there, problem solved -
sorry, helps to adjust the destruction range ... hrrrm
Greetings,
Catfish
Angle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it me. Or SCX wire guided torpedos only snake when they're set to max speed? UGST in particular.
Thomasew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Angle

Torpedo modes for the UGST are explained in the SCX_IIh.htm help document, .. in the SCX_Docs folder, .. which can be found in your Sub Command folder.

Setting the appropriate speed for the UGST will detemine which mode it will use.

Here is the section from the help file:-

UGST – The UGST uses both Acoustic and Wakehoming Sensors. The UGST will work like any other Torpedo, with the following conditions:-

Active Mode – This works as per Normal. Set the Torpedo for Active, and configure the other Torpedo settings i.e. Floor, Ceiling, Search Depth etc.

Passive Mode – With the exception of Torpedo speed, all other Torpedo settings, are set as per normal. To ensure that the Torpedo uses it’s Passive Acoustic sensor, please ensure that the Torpedoes speed, does not exceed 40 Knots. However, you may set the Torpedoes speed for 50 Knots, to allow for fast runout to the target, and by using Program Mode 3, reduce the Torpedoes speed to it’s Cruise Speed + 10 Knots i.e. 40 knots.

Wakehoming Mode – To activate the UGST’s Wakehoming Mode, ensure that the Torpedo is set as Passive. Then, set the Torpedoes speed for any value between 41 and 49 knots, both values inclusive. This will activate the UGST’s Wakehoming Sensor, when Enabled. When in Wakehoming Mode … and once Enabled, the UGST will NOT use the Snake manuever for searching … it will effectively be a straight running Torpedo.

Hope this answers your question

Cheers
Tom
Angle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply and yes I've read the document. Accoriding to it a UGST ACTIVE at max speed will run straight for a bit after activation. Then it will run is snake search pattern. This is not true if the torp was activated a slower speed.

I think the mark48s have the same problem. Thing is I like to run my torps at 45 or 40 knots(mark48) to avoid them from cavitation and thus being heard so easily. And that is when I notced the slower active just running straight forever.
Angle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: DUDs? Reply with quote

Tom, I have a question for you. In SCX did you guys script in duds? I've notice a few harpoons and mark48s failing to detonate.

The weapon disappears as it hits the hull with no detonation.
Molon Labe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think the mark48s have the same problem. Thing is I like to run my torps at 45 or 40 knots(mark48) to avoid them from cavitation and thus being heard so easily. And that is when I notced the slower active just running straight forever.

Angle, in SCX, Mk48 ADCAPs do not "snake" at any speed. The seeker head will direct its sonar sweep side to side instead.
Kirk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: ESM on LA Flight II Reply with quote

Well let me try to ask this question in here. Has anyone found out that on LA Flight II when you raised the ESM mast it detects nothing but when you raise your periscope the ESM goes off? This has been driving me crazy Damn . Awaiting any answer. Oh. I would be on the surface too and nothing.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: