Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

SCX/SCU News, Issues and Requests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pole

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: SCU Reply with quote

Powell wrote:
Hi there SmileI've installed SCX II, then SCU, and finally SXIIc. I can change sub playable, but I can't change several sub at once. (ie: if I "change" the Alfa, I will be able to play it, but if I then "change" the typhoon, I won't be able to play the Alfa any more, but it will be ok with the Typhoon.)

But that is how it functions (at least as far as I got it Smile ) Once you've chosen a playable sub it'd be listed in the drop-down menu in these mission, in which you are allowed to choose from different subs. In this case you'll see different boats from the same class that was originally assigned to this given mission. In addition to this, there will couple of boats from the most recent class you've just made playable using SCU changer. AFAIU it is impossible to have the above PLUS one more playable class that you could choose.

Pole
raymond6751

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Can't use the alternate subs Reply with quote

I followed instructions to install the mods, the folders for user subs were created, the .ini file was changed, and when I run the .exe to pick an Upholder class sub it says 'success'.

However, when I create a scenario with it, the message on loading the new scenario is that 'no user playable sub selected'. Is it just me?

I'd really like to get this working. All help would be appreciated.
Odin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are ensuring to make the sub "Controllable" in it's property pages when you create the mission, correct? You won't see that option unless you have ALREADY selected the sub with SCU, THEN create the mission. New property pages will appear for the sub when it is placed on the map. Hope that helps.

Odin.
raymond6751

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Second try and SCU doesn't Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice, but I still cannot make my Upholder playable. I deleted the User folders, installed the playablesubs patch again.

There was a message that I am not running version 1.07. True. I have version 1.08 - just installed before doing the SCX and SCU stuff.

There is no option in the property pages of Upholder to make it playable.

Should I revert back to version 1.07 ???
SuperCavitation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: SCXIIc issue Reply with quote

I dunno if this is just me or what, but here goes....

I have recently started replaying SC single-player and having a ball (as USA). Obviously the first mission is the "sneak up on the SAG and by-the-way there is an akula out there." After you've played it for the upteenth time, you pretty much know the Akula is roughly NE of your start and it's just a matter of getting the TA and all that situated to catch him.

Normally what I did and still do is PD the two SAG ships, ease past them on 000 and then locate the Akula. Sometimes I'm past the time marker when I locate the sub, sometimes I find him right away.

But the other night with SCXIIc I couldn't hear him at all. And, finally, when it was way past time for the mission to end, I turned truth on and I had run over him without detecting him whatsoever according to his history and my own. I dont remember if I'd been counterdetected or not. Now... detecting while standing over this guy at 4 knots shouldn't be all that hard, should it? Or is this how it is intended to operate? Cuz I shudder at the thought of SP combat now. Surprised

I reinstalled to a different directory and am not experiencing that same thing with vanilla 1.08, btw.

Any insight?

Cav
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lt. Staumeier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happened to me too! Same mission and with the seawolf. NEVER happened in any other mission or boat. I guess it's the mission itself that is bugged, just as the campaign mission 3 (Udaloy missile launch) is bugged.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperCavitation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, other than the Udaloy, everything works as planned with SCX, right?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lt. Staumeier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Swordsman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the latest SCU news? Anyone know if work is continuing, or are we waiting for DW?
Travis Reed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsteed wrote:
I am not a fan of the nuclear option. It removes most of the stategy from the game. See an enemy... fire a nuke... problem gone... I've played Harpoon a bit with the nuclear option and it always made the game short and rather uninteresting.

If people really want to use nukes then I suggest that they modify the damage value of the various weapons to 5000. You should then have no problem taking out a carrier group with one torp. After playing a few such scenarios, I think you will find them rather boring.

cheers, jsteed

I've altered the damage of a TASM to 5000 and was only able to take out a single ship and do no damage to the ones close in...I have this scenario that is based off the Kilo attacking the fictional USS Thomas Jefferson from Nimitz Class by Patrick Robinson. As I mentioned, even with the damage set to 5000 I haven't been able to damage the ships close in to the CV let alone anything else...well...except the one ship I hit...per missile...

Last edited by Travis Reed on Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Travis Reed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also curious how I would go about adding a sub or two to the list of changeable subs for use with SCU...and...why are there subs on that list that don't exist anywhere in SC1.08/SCXIIc?
Ramius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travis Reed wrote:
...why are there subs on that list that don't exist anywhere in SC1.08/SCXIIc?

So what subs are these then ???

If you take a look here

http://www.ramiusscx.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/scu.php

ALL SCU playable are previewed.

If your meaning things like the Atilay, Cakra etc then i think you'll find they are in the SCX IIc Yep Yep Yep Otherwise you wouldnt be able to play as them would you :nope: :nope:

Ramius
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Travis Reed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's much clearer now that I know that some of the names on the list are actually names of partiular subs and not sub classes...
Travis Reed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travis Reed wrote:
I'm also curious how I would go about adding a sub or two to the list of changeable subs for use with SCU...

Sorry for my impatience...but I have to bring this up again as it didn't get answered...
Ramius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The process for adding new playable into SCU is not an easy one. If i remember rightly it involves editing dll files etc that are used with the game Sad

As far as i know JSteed is the only person able to do this

Ramius
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: