Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

SCX/SCU News, Issues and Requests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savages_Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Sup Reply with quote

Sup all,

Today I was playing and a Oyasho shot a type 89 torp at me, and for fun I had show truth on and right before it was about to hit me i hit the mergency blow and the torp tryed to turn up to get me, and when it did right when it shoulda struck the side of my hull it just dissapeard... no damage nothing the torp was completely gone. I think someone else notised something like this before?

Wolfy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TLAM Strike

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I've seen it many a time wolfy. Mostly its my torpedoes that vanish! I guess their dud fish.
Savages_Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: heh Reply with quote

Hehe Sup TLAM Cool

Well luckly all my fish seem to hit the bullseye every time for me so far, I just make a quicky mission got my first kill (Xia). I also had a Oyasho with it and man that seems like a pretty good little sub, I was within 2nmi and i couldnt detect that lil sucker, thats when i put show truth on, he was about 2nmi at 3 nots in deep water. I wasnt paying attention and was just speeding around in my 688i and before i knew it i had a torp locked on me, that was the one that dissapeard but it didnt matter, he had another one on its way to finish the job.

Wolfy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Crazy Ian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry... but I'm having a little trouble with the SCXII

I installed (From Fresh) Subcommand, patched it up to the 1.08, and then installed SCXII, SCXIIc, and the SCXIIxUpdate.

I followed the instructions that came up in the browser on completion of each installation.

However....

When I go to look at the models in 3D (In the mission editor) the darn thing simply returns me to the desktop.

Any ideas what I've done wrong?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TLAM Strike

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you run the .bat in the graphics folder?
Crazy Ian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TLAM Strike wrote:
Did you run the .bat in the graphics folder?

I certainly did Smile

I'll try reinstalling fresh again tomorrow night, see if it gets any better..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
timmyg00

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you install SCXIIc, you have to run the new Install.bat file... that one got me at first...

so altogether, after a fresh install of SC...

* apply the SC 1.08 patch.
* apply SCXII... run Sub Command\Graphics\Install_Graphics.bat and Sub Command\Interfaces\AkulaII\Install_Loadout.bat
* apply SCXIIc ... run Sub Command\Graphics\Install_Graphics.bat (overwrites the old file of the same name from the SCXII install... for the new models included in SCXIIc!)
* apply the SCXIIc update files as needed; however, I recommend the post-updated version, so that you only have to apply the ESM fix.

TG
Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timmyg00 wrote:
* apply the SCXIIc update files as needed; however, I recommend the post-updated version, so that you only have to apply the ESM fix.

TG

Hummm... Wasn't Thom going to release the SCX_Project_IIc.exe with the ESM fix already included? Rolling Eyes
Savages_Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Pirate Reply with quote

Yeah, He said he would release it when he got back, just give him time and he will..

Crazy Ian
Try this its what I did and mine works

* Fresh Install of Sub Command

* Patch to 1.08e

*Install SCXII

*Run the Install_Graphic.bat

*Run The Install_Loadout.bat

*Install SCXIIc (Updated)

*Run Install_Graphics.bat

*Install ESM Fix

*Copy The Controllers.ini from SCU Docs folder into Sub Command Folder.

* Run InstallPlayableSubs.bat

*Run Sub Command

EDIT: If your getting a CTD when you see the sub models, it has to be something with the graphics. If your getting a crash to desktop when you start subcommand then you might need to go to the scu folder copy that controllers.ini from that folder into your subcommand folder hit yes when it asks to replace it, then install the installplayablesubs.bat then it should work.

Wolfy

Last edited by Savages_Wolf on Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Pirate Reply with quote

Savages_Wolf wrote:
Yeah, He said he would release it when he got back, just give him time and he will..

Sure!!! No hurry Laughing
Just thought he had forgotton Razz
Savages_Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Sigh... Reply with quote

I just tryed to get the playable subs working again, I ran the InstallPlayableSubs.bat and it told me that im not useing version 1.07 which i know im not and it said i might not be able to hear voices in the game. Then I ran sub command, all worked fine, so i exited sub command and then tryed to select the Sturgen-1987 and then tryed to play sub command again, i get a crash to desktop at the loading screen. I removed the 3 folders and then replaced the controllers.ini with the old one i backed up and ran sub command and it works.

Why wont the playable subs work??

Crying or Very sad

Wolfy
Crazy Ian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for all the help guys... I'll try your ideas later on (I am SOO wanting to have a go with Trafalgar Very Happy )
jsteed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wolf,
It sounds as if something wasn't loaded correctly. The error message you received when you ran InstallPlayableSubs.bat is seen if 1. You are not running SC version 1.07 or 1.08, 2. you have already installed SCU and are trying to modify SubCommand.exe again, 3. the file SubCommand.exe has been modified by some other program or virus, (least likely possibility). To find the answer do the following; try playing one of the Kilos. If you do not hear any voices then the problem is #1 or 3. If you hear the Russian voices then it was #2 and everything is fine.

For your 2nd problem, i.e. game crashes, I assume that it crashes when you try to load the scenario, and not the loadout screen. the problem could be 1. some part of SCU was not installed properly or became corrupted, 2. the graphic of the Sturgeon is not installed or is corrupted, (the usual case). Be sure that after you installed SCX you ran InstallGraphic.bat in the graphics folder. Since you deleted much of SCU, you will have to reinstall it, (controller.ini and the 3 interface folders). Also delete the file USERSUB_name.lod, (where 'name' is the captain name you use in the game), in the SubCommand folder. Now run the PlayableSubChanger utility and try the Sturgeon again.

Good luck, jsteed
Savages_Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: jsteed Reply with quote

jsteed,

Ill try some of the things you said in a bit but im not getting a crash to desktop when I load a scenerio or anything, if i run the installplayablesubs.bat the game still works, but as soon as i select any sub in the playablesubchanger i get a immediate crash to desktop at the loading screen before the movie plays. The only thing I could of done wrong was that I accidently tryed to use the playablesubchanger before i installed the playable subs. It said that the usersub6 and such wasnt found so I installed it. then I ran the playablesubchanger and selected a sub and tryed to play again, and it was no go. I looked in sub command and it says i have version 1.08e... and i know i dont have a virus, i scanned the folder for one anyway and it didnt find anything. Im thinking that accidently runing the playablesubchanger before i isntalled the playable subs could be the problem?

Wolfy
Powell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: SCU Reply with quote

Hi there Smile

(I apologize for my poor english)

I've installed SCX II, then SCU, and finally SXIIc. I can change sub playable, but I can't change several sub at once. (ie: if I "change" the Alfa, I will be able to play it, but if I then "change" the typhoon, I won't be able to play the Alfa any more, but it will be ok with the Typhoon.)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: