Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

SCX/SCU News, Issues and Requests
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kpt Lothar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear about problems with sonar in SCU. What are they?
Konovalov

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problems you are talking about with SCU and sonar is that with the new operable subs thanks to SCU they still use the AI sonar detection values or parameters. In short this makes it easier than what it should be to detect other platforms. The other major problem is that with many of the AI subs, they use weapons which suffer a simialr problem in that they are AI controlled. What I mean is that when you fire say a torp which isn't one used by the stock subs in SC you cannot set the presets yourself. So you might fire a couple of torps and one may travel at 25kts and the other might travel at 35nkts when you wanted them to travel at 45nts. When SCXIIc comes out these problems will have been fixed thanks to the work of Thomasew.
timmyg00

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm so if i play a Sierra, for example, it will use the AI's sonar suite, which is better than it should be.... perhaps even better than a stock playable's sonar suite? Just checking up, i wanna make sure i am clear on this.

thx

TG
Pigfish

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello timmyg00. I find the difference between the SCU sonars and the non SCU almost extreme with the Akulas (IMO).Much more powerful then user. Super sonars!! Thinking of going back to the good ol Seawolf until SCU proper comes out... Smile
jsteed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The AI/SCU sensors are 100 times more sensitive than the 'equivalent' player sensors. As SCX seems to be a dead project, at least as far as a public release is concerned, I may release an updated db that will include the proper sensors and weapons.

cheers, jsteed
Kpt Lothar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J have problem with loadout screen. I downloaded loadoutscreenfix (copied all the files) but whenever i enter there SC crashes out. What to do?
Pigfish

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsteed wrote:
As SCX seems to be a dead project, at least as far as a public release is concerned, I may release an updated db that will include the proper sensors and weapons.
cheers, jsteed

So is it official then -there will be no SCX update? Is there not still some faint hope? Sad
jsteed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lothar,
After you replace the files in the \bin folder, you must use SCPlayableSubChanger and select one of the subs.

Hi Pigfish,
I have absolutely no idea if there will be another SCX release. It does not at all appear likely.

cheers, jsteed
TLAM Strike

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hay Jsteed when are you planing to release the next SCU update? Since it looks like SCXIIc is kaput are you planing to speed up the release.
Bill Nichols

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***** Bug/Problem with gamefreeze when selecting towed array on Type 209 *****

When driving a Type 209 and before streaming the array, if I click in the broadband display's towed array area, the game freezes.
jsteed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill,
The Type 209's do not have a TA. They have a dummy TA, (sensor #141), installed. Here is the PlayableSubData.txt info for the Atilay:

Atilay
R
"AkulaIIMS.jpg"
331 696 1
222 8 159 504 543 472 3 142 141 140 0 0
141 140 472 504

Notice the 141 in lines 5 and 6. Check your copy of the file to see if there is sensor #141 in the correct location of the sub you are using. If the sensor is there, let me know which sub is causing the problem and I'll have a look.

cheers, jsteed
Pigfish

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. With SCU any chance of a playable 212A? Or Dolphin? TX
Bill Nichols

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jsteed"]Hi Bill,
The Type 209's do not have a TA. They have a dummy TA, (sensor #141), installed. Here is the PlayableSubData.txt info for the Atilay:

Atilay
R
"AkulaIIMS.jpg"
331 696 1
222 8 159 504 543 472 3 142 141 140 0 0
141 140 472 504

Notice the 141 in lines 5 and 6. Check your copy of the file to see if there is sensor #141 in the correct location of the sub you are using. If the sensor is there, let me know which sub is causing the problem and I'll have a look.

I meant to say, it's the Type206 that is freezing-up when I click on the Towed array section of the BB display (before streaming the array - the game doesn't freeze if the TA has been streamed). Here's the data in my playablesubdata.txt file:

Type206
R
"AkulaIIMS.jpg"
122 81 1
219 443 155 503 543 458 3 258 141 140 0 0
141 140 458 503

The specific sub I'm using is the German Type 206A, "U 15 SS194".

Also, the 'dummy' sensor #141 TA can still drag on the bottom! (I'm making a scenario in the Baltic, and it's darn'd shallow there!)
jsteed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill,
The Type 206 also has a dummy TA attached. If you stream it, it is 1000 feet away from the sub, it will behave like any real TA except it will have no sensitivity. I will check out the BB problem that you have found. Is this the only 'dummy equipped' sub that you have found with this problem?

cheers, jsteed
CaptainCruise

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NefariousKoel wrote:
TLAM Strike wrote:
From jane's Warship Recongnition Guide:

"Japanese naval capability remains the envy of many other navies. The last of the seven 'Harushio' class SSKs commissioned in 1997, and the first two of the new four strong 'Oyashio' class SSKs have now emerged to join a modern fleet of submarines which will number around 20 by 2002. In terms of destroyers and frigates, where Japan ranks among the top four navies in number of hulls, the last 'Kongou' class DDG, Choukai, commissioned in March 1998, and two more of the nine-strong 'Marasame' class DDG/DDs are due to commission in march 1999"

Nice TLAM. I wasn't gonna look any numbers up but that'll work. Wink

Yes, the Japanese Navy has probably the newest vessels (on the whole) than any other. Aside from having a good amount too. Their technology is on par with the US since most of their stuff came from us anyway - including being one of the 2 or 3(??) navies in the world to have Aegis.

It'd make for a good mission or 6 if we had more of the Jap fleet in there. Very Happy

Wow....guess I was very wrong on that one. Sounds like Japan has a very modern and formidable Naval force. Thanks for the info on that and for correcting me. These units should make a fine addition to the game.

:wink:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: