Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

SCX/SCU News, Issues and Requests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XabbaRus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I got that too but couldn't be bothered playing on-line

I did a bit of basic but wanted to get to full ops

I'll have to install it again at some point.
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since requests are being posted for SCU, here goes. I would like to see the Vepr with the large towed array pod she has. Hers has not been reduced like the Gepard has. Here is a pic of the Vepr at the dock and you can see the pod clearly:

The Gepard may have received a reduced size towed array pod. I am unsure as there are few pictures of her available. Here is one during the construction halt. It is likely that is the permanent size of the pod. But it could be that one had yet to be mounted. It is probable the size was reduced by new technology in an effort to streamline her.

During her construction I could not tell although it does appear to be smaller.

LiquidFuse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's precisely the reason why some experts believe that the Vepr is an Akula Improved and not an Akula II.
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I am off the mark, but I have always seen Akula I, Akula I Improved and Akula IIs sporting the same pod. There was a really excellent post some time back on the SC board about the decision to give the Gepard the reduced pod in SCX II. It is the only Akula in the real Russia Navy sporting this new towed array, or at the very least, a new type of pod to dispense the Pelamida towed array. I believe the post was by Ramius. He went into detail as to why the Gepard in real life - and therefore a sim -should really be considered a next gen Akula, sort of an Akula II Improved. A 4th gen boat. And much available intel supports this conclusion. Many Akula pictures do not allow you to say for sure exactly which boat it is, such as the Delfin, Tigr, Narval etc. But some launch photos and similar pics like the doc shot I posted make identification unmistakeable. It is often believed that only the first 5 boats were Akula Is, while the second 5 were Akula I Improved boats and the remainder were Akula IIs. But most sources I have list the following:

AKULA - 971
K284 (P)(Undergoing overhaul for Improved refit) This was the prototype that operated from 84-90 and was never named. Overhaul believed to be suspended
K263 Delfin (P)
K317 Pantera (N)
K322 Kashalot (P)(Undergoing overhaul for Improved refit)
K331 Narval (P)
K321 Bratsk (P)(Formerly the Kit, renamed - no refit) also referred to as the K391. This confusion may be from the registry change.
K461 Volk (Wolf)(N)
K480 AK Bars (N)(Formerly Bars and Kazan, twice renamed - no refit)

AKULA I Improved - 971 U
K157 Tigr (N)
K267 Samara (P)(Formerly the Akula I Drakon)
K328 Leopard (N)
K 412 Morzh (P) also referred to as the K419. This confusion may be from the registry change.
K267 Nerpa (Refit Suspended)

AKULA II - 971 A
K157 Vepr (P)

AKULA II Improved
K335 Gepard (N)
K?? Bison (?) (Also referred to as new Nerpa - Completed? awaiting final outfitting
K?? Rys (Suspended)
K?? Kaban (Suspended)
K?? Kuguar (Suspended)

* (N) or (P) denotes Northern or Pacific Fleet

Besides additional quieting, and several other measures Akula IIs are cosmetically different by being 3.7 meters longer. This is thought to have been necessary in order to support additional rafting in the reactor compartment. Also Akula IIs and True Improved Akulas (Not refits) have 6 external tubes whereas Akula Is do not. I do not believe, although I could be wrong, that refits involved adding additional 2 additional external tubes (Akula Is have 4 X 4). It is also supported that the Gepard utilizes a new form of Null sound control. or cancellation. By artificially generating noise on the same frequencies as naturally occurring noise (like reactor coolant pumps) but 180 degrees out of phase, the radiated noise is cancelled - Making her very quiet, and very deadly.

Last edited by Andy on Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
wolfy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is the place to ask for this, but would you guys be able to add mouse wheel support to the game? I am used to just putting the cursor over the drop down menus and scrolling instead of haveing to do it "manually". I don't know how hard it would be to do it... but it would definately help out alot of people I think. Smile
wolfy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another issue I have noticed is that the emergency surfaces are not dramtic enough. In the videos of actual emergency surfaces I have seen the boats really fly. It's sad to see the boats of SC just popping up like the have hemaroids or something... Is there a way to change this?
Thomasew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wolfy

Sorry, the 2 requests you have, ... would have to be implemented programmatically.

SCX only changes data, doctrines etc., ... not program code.

Cheers
Tom
wolfy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shame... I just hope that alot of this is fixed in DW... It's terrible how there has never really been a good subsim... Crying or Very sad
Savages_Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: naw Reply with quote

I wouldnt say that, Sub Command with SCXIIc makes a pretty good sub sim. Ya its far beyond perfect, but its still really nice and fun to play. I watched a video of DW and i was a lil dissapointed with its in game physics, the video didnt seem to have much inprovement over Sub Command but its only in early stages right now so no one can say much yet Confused

Wolfy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JSLTIGER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll see how it goes...I'm hoping DW improves over the screenshots already released
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Skye

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm having some problems with SCU (not updated version).. Some quick questions:

Can SCU be used without the update for me to use one of the new drivable subs? I tried to use the Subchanger but every time I chose a sub and change it, a msg pops out:"Not all User masts are in the db Mast.emd", is there anything I can do about this? Or, will the update remove this problem? :huh:
Odin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SCXII (+SCU) & the Oscar-II's. While attempting to write a mission using aforementioned mods (+ updates), I cannot get an Oscar II to fire it's shipwrecks. Soooo, I tried an Oscar-I...worked great, sank half the "Big E" group by itself. Tried a Charlie-II as well...(of course after moving it into range)...same thing...worked flawlessly. Replace it back with the Oscar-II...nothing.
---Edit: After some testing, I found the same problem with the Charlie-I SSGN too:End Edit---
Can someone address this for me? It seems to make no sense to have de-commed subs in a 2004-era mission! Thanks...

And to all those I haven't seen recently....hope yer all well.

Odin.

Last edited by Odin on Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Odin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add...
SA-2 Sam Sites that BLOW THEMSELVES UP! Hmmm...perhaps a strange new development that the Russians have implemented?
(As in: "We know you gots better weapons, so we'll just kill ourselves, comrade") Laughing
Odin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon...someone must know why this is happening??
Also, the Victor-I...after I fire whatever is loaded in tube 3 (of 4 Internal), I cannot reload the tube. Happens every time. Tubes 1,2, & 4 all work as advertised. Ideas?
Thomasew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Odin

Just ran tests on everything you mentioned ....

1. No problem with Oscars I & II launching SS-N-19s.
2. Charlie I launches SS-N-7s fine.
3. SA-2 sites, in any configuration, ... work fine.

However, Tube 3 on the Victor-I seems to be problematic. Will look into it.

Cheers
Tom
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: