Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

SCX/SCU News, Issues and Requests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonarman_1019

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if the weapons could be altered in any way. In real life use the shkval torpedo is designed to carry a nuclear warhead. Its speed is supposed to carry the weapon far enough from the launching platform to increase chance of survival. But the shkval is supposed to be a battle group killer in that it really can't steer itself at 200 knots, but with a nuc warhead it just has to get in close and it will annihilate anything in a 5 mile radius.
Smiling Wulf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,

AND installing SLAMS on the playable subs should be first priority.....
If I only woulf have more free time ! Confused

Smiling Wulf
Mechman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just make a few nuclear cruise missiles, like change the ones that say that they've been modified to use conventional warheads back into nukes. No need for the nuclear torpedoes.
/edit
I used SCedit to make the sampson into a nuke, like it's supposed to be, but apparently the engine doesn't support a big enough blast for even a low yield weapon. Converting the 200 kiloton warhead on the sampson means a blast of 181,436,948 kilograms of tnt, and the engine doesn't seem to support more than about 10000.
FERdeBOER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:37 pm    Post subject: Ask and doubt Reply with quote

Hi, Fisrt of all I want to thanks about your job. It“s really superb!!!

Second, I played a mission with an Alfa and I noticed that the maximum depth It can reaches is only 400 meters (I don“t remeber the exact depth at this moment) I i was told that it can reach depths of 600 meters operational and go even deeper.
Another thing of the Alfa is that the only operational sensor is the bow sonar. Neither the hull or the towed array works even at 0 knts

And finally I want to ask you for, if are going to add more playable subs, please study the posibility of adding Spanish subs (we have 4 Agosta, 4 Daphné and we are building 4 S-80, a variant of the Scorpene)

Many thanks for all. Sorry by my English, I“m from Spain. hope you understood all
FERdeBOER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: I forgot something! Reply with quote

Hi, Its me again.
I forgot to say also that I would be greater if it will be possible to fire vertical launch missiles with the Typhoon.
Driving a boomer without that possibility...

Thanks again
TLAM Strike

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Alfa has no towed sonar, or Hull. Those displays are just there becuse the Alfa uses the Akula interface. As for the Spanish subs I agree we need some subs from the smaller nations IE Non USA, Russia, UK ETC.
FERdeBOER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.

No towed array? I will have to do "crazy Ivans"... hehe
LoneWolf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: I want pilote the giant of the deep... Reply with quote

Good hunt at all :wink: :wink: :wink: …

My dream is the Typhoon… the Ohio… and the Vanguard (for don’t offends never one… Delta, Yankee, Hotel, Golf, Polaris Boat UK/US, French SLBM and China SLBM) armed with the SLBM… and, if have possible, the Oscar, the Echo, Papa and the Charlie with the Cruiser Missile…

I research the solution by lone :shifty: … but don’t have the information for editing file of interfaces Crying or Very sad
(…because have hard difficulty at reading the English Embarassed )

Mercy for all

…a little favour… add the Sauro SS (Mod IV) Class and the Todaro SS Class in the SCU

(…and sorry for my English Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed )
timmyg00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this has been requested yet, but I would like to see a model of the Carolyn Chouest and NR-1, possibly for inclusion into some future version of SCX.

Photos of the SSV Carolyn Chouest:
http://gulftour.tamu.edu/cruise_journal_nr1/5_11_98_chouest.html
http://www.hazegray.org/worldnav/usa/aux_spec.htm (scroll down... i tried to link directly to the pic but was denied access Embarassed )

TG
LoneWolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Note for SCX/SCU staff Reply with quote

Good Hunt at all... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Sorry but have a note for you...

In the game with Typhoon class the TA streaming in error mode, in my PC (SCX II, SCU Interim, Screenfix & update)...
In precedens (pre-SCU) I resolve assegning at "Mastvalue - Data17" value "2", with SCEdit, but now my system crasced...

P.S. Idea : In my book "Soviet Submarine - 1945 to the present" the Typhoon class have a capacity of 30-36 torpedos?...

(sorry for my english... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed )
JSLTIGER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being able to control all of the new subs given by SCX from SCU would be awesome...especially the Mike. In addition, wasn't the Alfa's diving depth in real life supposed to be around 2700 feet b/c of her titanium hull?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
XabbaRus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timmyg00 wrote:
I don't know if this has been requested yet, but I would like to see a model of the Carolyn Chouest and NR-1, possibly for inclusion into some future version of SCX.

Photos of the SSV Carolyn Chouest:
http://gulftour.tamu.edu/cruise_journal_nr1/5_11_98_chouest.html
http://www.hazegray.org/worldnav/usa/aux_spec.htm (scroll down... i tried to link directly to the pic but was denied access Embarassed )

TG

I have a model of the NR-1 which Ramius painted but he lost the painted model in a reformat though I might have it still in painted form.
Ramius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/d.gibson77/model/modelpages/nr1.html

Ramius
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
XabbaRus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramius do you still have the NR-1 3DS and J3D with that classy paint job you did?

If so could you send it as I only have the 3DS model.

Cheers

BTW you have been gone a long time, everything ok?
Ramius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been looking to see if ive got the files and yep ive got them Smile

I'll mail them to you soon

Yep, been busy with other things mate. Made the mistake of downloading Americas Army - and been playing it non-stop for about the last week Rolling Eyes

Ramius
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: