Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

What's on your wish list?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> ENIGMA: Rising Tide
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Wish List Priorities
Flyable Aircraft
10%
 10%  [ 12 ]
Cruisers
22%
 22%  [ 25 ]
Land
23%
 23%  [ 26 ]
Mission Editor
8%
 8%  [ 10 ]
Voice Responses from Crew
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
Visible Crewmembers
8%
 8%  [ 10 ]
Torpedo Data Computer
17%
 17%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 112

BlitzPig_Gernick

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about having hits below the waterline do more damage than above? This way you actually could have the ability to sink a ship with 20mm's and .50's.
Cruizer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seeing that larger class ships are comming this winter, I would simply like to have an inverse mouse setting for manual gunning. I also woudnt mind a shift key, or a seperate button for fine turret control. The slewing (sp?) of the turrets with the arrow keys seem way to course, and its hard to line up long shots.
batvomit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Efile's on this one...

The one thing I'm looking for is some damage effects on sinking ships. Perhaps holes and blast textures aren't feasible, but I would greatly enjoy a ship having its spine broke by a torpedo. I know some early steam torpedoes were built to detonate under a ship's keel and thus break the ship's spine. This was modeled in Aces of the Pacific (remember that one?=P).

It wouldn't happen every time, but the random surprise of seeing it made the kill more visceral.
Cpt-Maxim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:17 am    Post subject: I would like to add.. Reply with quote

I would like to add some comments.. can we get an answer to many of the things posted in by all these people with regards to feasibility and time frame? Just look at all the great ideas you dont find anywhere in any other games already mentioned.. I like most of what I am seeing in here for playability, novelty and a host of other reasons..

I will say that more camera controls are very helpful to guys who like to make homemade video sequences of various actions they have played out. Not locking the camera (especially in single player) will allow this... and its not a bad idea to allow switching to various camera positions even when sinking.. I have made a cool video of a submerged sub where a ship was sinking right next to it once.. to see it go here..
http://viewcam.netfirms.com

Also, when multiplayer is released, SOME PEOPLE will want to play with more difficulty settings to keep the challenge and interest level higher, so for example, on each persons home computer they can choose to turn on or off certain features to simulate reality / allow more difficulty versus less experienced players... similar to when other multiplayer games are hosted, the server host chooses some of those things for everyone, but in this case each player can choose to do things individually to play more realistically.
Destraex

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new to this forum,

A little of all in this poll are the main ones for me.

The only exception for me would be flyable aircraft which I do not care about.

I would also like to see better ship representation. Are Carriers in the game or planned??

The game does feel pretty bare without the crew and land. It kinda feels like it does not matter as your dealing with ghost ships anyways

in order:::

Land
Voice Responses from Crew
Visible Crewmembers
Cruisers,BB,CV etc
Torpedo Data Computer
Mission Editor

I would also possilbe like to see the option in multiplayer to have all the individual ship stations manned by a different player

i.e
Main Gun 1 and 2
torpedoes
navigation/helm
AA guns 1,2,3 and 4
Captain
etc
Sartori23

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received my copy from EB. Alll I can say is this game is a blast!!! Edited because I should have RTFM.

Sartori23

Cognito Ergo Es
filboid42

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Torpedo Cam Reply with quote

I would love a Torp cam. And hello mates its been awhile! Very Happy
Sldghammer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new to RT but I gotta say the demo is great fun. The graphics are absolutely astounding. Very Happy

Now, I am a long time SH2/DC player so this is where I am coming from.

The RT action is great but I would suggest something from other online sims, i.e rooms with different levels or different levels of realism in the game.

In easy mode you get something like the current RT. In 'hard' or full realism, you get in features like in SH2/DC. i.e. sonar searching for the dd's and a TDC for the subs
executor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your wish list? Reply with quote

here's my list Very Happy

-ships can overturn
-more ships
-mission editor
-night battles (with searchlights and starshells...)

uh it's like x-mas Very Happy
Sabre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Land
Light Cruisers
TDC
Scenario editor
Sartori23

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just playing the German surface mission 4, and found I was having a hard time seeing due to the contrast of the bright 'toolbar' (for lack of a better word) at the bottom similar to SH2. I would really like to see an option to minimize or hide the toolbar. Personally I use voice commands along with the B-TAC almost exclusively for controls and very rarely use any buttons on the toolbar.

Thanks,
Sartori23
executor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the patch for the german version Smile
Xebec

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a sweep second hand for timing torpedos, dc's and intersects. One thought would be a counter for the "radar" sweep as 5 rotations is close to 1 minute. If that idea is used, slow down the sweep just a tad so it is 12 seconds per rotation.
themk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the patch for the german version

The same thing I just wanted to write ;D

btw: It would be cool to be able to save dur(r?)ing the game!
Ship Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo!

Wir sind dabei!!!!! Guckt bitte hier und HELFT beim Patch!!!!

http://www.silent-hunter2.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=2923&sid=&threadview=0&hilight=&hilightuser=&page=1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> ENIGMA: Rising Tide All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: