Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Blair refuses to back Iran strike
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Avon Lady

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wim Libaers wrote:
The Avon Lady wrote:
Wow! More links from Rense.

I'm sure you can find Stormtrooper links to confirm such reliable info.

Good night.

Stormtrooper? I find a Star Wars fansite and some parked domains, perhaps you meant Stormfront?

Yep Damn Yep Damn Yep Damn Yep Damn Yep Damn
Quote:
Anyway, on the following google search (the title of the article), rense just happens to be first. Stormfront is there too, a bit lower on the list (and, apparently, at least some of the Stormfront members share your view that the article is rather questionable).
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22We+could+destroy+all+European+capitals%22

Given 743 hits, most of them with the exact same article, I was not inclined to waste my time browsing through all of them to find the most politically correct domain name. Rolling Eyes

It's not a question of PC or not. You should know that I'm no advocate of PC by now.

It's a question of relying on vile hate sites for your information and - even worse - someone goes around misquoting what they state to make it sound even worse than they intended in the 1st place.
Konovalov

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Avon Lady wrote:
Konovalov wrote:
The Avon Lady wrote:
Well if you like loonies, no problem. I don't. I also don't care if the loonies are right or left leaning.

No, you only don't care about the source if it fits your side of the arument.

You are apparently claiming I quote "loonies" to justify my points. I'm waiting for a sample reference to such a post of mine.
Quote:
Don't be so disingenuous. I have seen when someone links to an article from the BBC, the Guardian, or some "leftist looney" source and you simply dismiss it out of hand because of where it came from.

Again, give me such an example.

Oh, I'll give you an example myself. I am constantly amazed by people referring to sites like Rense.

Other than such putrid sites, do you have anything else in mind?

EDIT: Again, as much as I personally disdain the Guardian, the Guardian was not the subject of my comments here. But enjoy the distraction as you wish.

Examples following as per your request for evidence.

From this thread:

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=39867&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120

The Avon Lady wrote:
We're sick of this cliche. BTW, it originated from the manager of Reuters New Service, for those that don't recall. And it figures.

Then from the same thread you use Reuters to support your argument:

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=39867&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

The Avon Lady wrote:
Naivity? Maybe. Maybe not. Bumbling ninkumpoops? Certainly.

But that's by far not limited to Germany or France.

From this thread:

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=40128&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

The Avon Lady wrote:
A very candid letter to the editor in The Guardian (of all places! Surprised ) tells it like it is:
Quote:
Muslims and violence
Monday July 25, 2005
The Guardian

For Muslim religious leaders to condemn……

From this thread in reply to someone linking to a BBC article:

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=366215&highlight=#366215

The Avon Lady wrote:
Uzbekistan is a nation, where 88% of the population are Sunni Muslims. Its government, too, is Muslim, though not (yet) of the Hizb ur Tahrir variety.

The point of Jihad Watch's article is not specifically the lost Uzbek base. The point is a failure to notice a blatant historical pattern.

No one talked about conspiracies here.

Enjoy your BBC! I won't suck up to such rubbish.

From this thread:

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=43051&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

The Avon Lady wrote:
bradclark1 wrote:
http://www.rense.com/general47/betey.htm

No one seems to have picked up which rabid racist site BC here is quoting from. If you haven't caught his drift yet, here's the home page of Rense.

I can think of plenty a reputable forum where links to such sites would not be tollerated for a moment.

You be the judge.

Bradclark dispels this attempt to discredit the article via the website it was linked from with:

bradclark1 wrote:
What is racist about that article? Irregardless of the mother site it has no bearing on the article. Where it comes from is the Houston Chronicle so get off your horse.

And again more attempts to discredit the source or origin or the souce rather than the directly rebutting the information provided within the report in this thread:

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=43387&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=80

The Avon Lady wrote:
Skybird wrote:
http://www.hrw.org/reports/2005/us0905/
HRW with a big grain of salt..

More reports on HRW and other left-tilting NGOs can be found at Discover The Network and at NGO Monitor.

Agendas.Agendas.

And some loonie labelling of the origin of the source in this thread:

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=45156&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

The Avon Lady wrote:
XabbaRus wrote:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,2763,1643573,00.html

Wow! The lonney left rag called the Guradian strikes again! They just can't resist sinking their fangs into Israel at every which opportunity.

Abraham, you're talking nonsense. The only thing wrong this officer did was to shoot at her after she was dead.

A copy of the IDF Spokesman's press release can be found here.

You seem to talk from experience. When you man a position with an enemy that straps bombs to children and have to defend yourself and you fellow soldiers in your position, let us know.

:down:
jumpy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XabbaRus wrote:
Avon you disdain anyone who disagrees with your point of view however they back it up.

Seriously since you and a couple of others have been posting here the General Topics forum has taken a steep nose dive.

Like this topic.

How did a discussion about phony tony backing off iran end up turning into a battle of semantics over who is and who isn't a leftie liberal and pointless bickering over whether your internet source is more credible than mine..? :zzz:

From my point of view anybody with a religious angle on this one should step back a ways. From where I see it being involved in such a manner looses all objectivity.

None of the international players in this one are whiter than white; but the fact is tony is getting leery of the warmongering and aggressive rhetoric both from and directed at Iran. Small wonder he doesn't want to stretch the UK in terms of any military commitment to such an end. Shooting himself in the foot a second time by leading the nation to war on a less than watertight premise will amount to political suicide (and rightly so). Afterall, there's a time and a place; and nobody likes being pushed into something they're not ready for. If america wants to play at World Police, for the time being let them; we're supposed to be able to make up our own minds and not be shouted down by the loudest voice. If it comes to armed conflict with Iran then we should decide upon that when we are good and ready to- not before.
Sure, Saddam needed to gotten rid of, but I am less convinced that we need to show Iran the iron-fist at this early stage in the game.
TBH, international terrorism asside, why we let this constant middle eastern argy-bargy spill out into the rest of the world is beyond me- let those who want war take it somewhere else instead of demanding it become everyones problem also. When you can play nice with all the rational ppl then maybe there will be some point talking.

I would have thought the dashing in with all guns blazing approach would be a little shortsighted? Besides, the day we coldly endorse pre-emptive strikes (and that's what is really at the crux here) based upon endorsing/combatting religious conviction with its own agenda will be a dark day for all those who consider thamselves as sensible countries; might as well set up our own "40,000 trained suicide bombers are ready for action" in that case.
Our suicide bombers are better and more reliable than your suicide bombers - only difference is ours have onboard computers and laser guidence systems - the reasult is the same though as they're both programed to do what they're told.

So where's the victory there? I can't see it, or any advantage in it at this point and neither (I suspect) can tony; if he's being honest about it.
XabbaRus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jumpy I don't have a religious angle on this but I am fed up of seeing the hate in many threads of recent times, hate perpetuated by Avon Lady and Six Pack to name two.

This place used to be a fun place to hang out and discuss things. Even in the year after 9/11 there was never such vitriolic postings with hate and bile in each one.

I'll probably be accused of having my head in the sand etc.

Anyone who disagrees is treated with disdain and offhand remarks.

Look what happened with Mike "Red Oktober" Hense.

I do support free speech but more and more of what I see here is leaning towards incitement to hate.
The Avon Lady

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konovalov wrote:
The Avon Lady wrote:
Konovalov wrote:
The Avon Lady wrote:
Well if you like loonies, no problem. I don't. I also don't care if the loonies are right or left leaning.

No, you only don't care about the source if it fits your side of the arument.

You are apparently claiming I quote "loonies" to justify my points. I'm waiting for a sample reference to such a post of mine.
Quote:
Don't be so disingenuous. I have seen when someone links to an article from the BBC, the Guardian, or some "leftist looney" source and you simply dismiss it out of hand because of where it came from.

Again, give me such an example.

Oh, I'll give you an example myself. I am constantly amazed by people referring to sites like Rense.

Other than such putrid sites, do you have anything else in mind?

EDIT: Again, as much as I personally disdain the Guardian, the Guardian was not the subject of my comments here. But enjoy the distraction as you wish.

Examples following as per your request for evidence.

From this thread:

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=39867&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120

The Avon Lady wrote:
We're sick of this cliche. BTW, it originated from the manager of Reuters New Service, for those that don't recall. And it figures.

So? Where are the loonies? 1 down.
Quote:
Then from the same thread you use Reuters to support your argument:

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=39867&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

The Avon Lady wrote:
Naivity? Maybe. Maybe not. Bumbling ninkumpoops? Certainly.

But that's by far not limited to Germany or France.

Again, where are the loonies that I quote? 2 down. Next:
Quote:
From this thread:

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=40128&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

[quote="The Avon Lady"] A very candid letter to the editor in The Guardian (of all places! Surprised ) tells it like it is:
Quote:
Muslims and violence
Monday July 25, 2005
The Guardian

For Muslim religious leaders to condemn……

Once again, where are the loonies? 3 down.

I discarded the rest of your post because your mistake was in not reading exactly what I responded to your earlier question.

I never said that I do not quote news agencies and sources from all sides of the political spectrum, if they have something reasonable and reliable to say.

Thank you for wasting our time. Thumbs Up :8Cool

UPDATE:

Regarding your post's last part, yes indeed, I will reference "loonies" for the sake of pointing out their looniness.

I hope that satisfies your argument. :zzz:
jumpy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely the only time 'wasted' is yours as you choose to see fit and as such is unnessescary as a ripost? Thumbs Up :8Cool
The Avon Lady

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XabbaRus wrote:
Jumpy I don't have a religious angle on this but I am fed up of seeing the hate in many threads of recent times, hate perpetuated by Avon Lady and Six Pack to name two.

Please show me where I was the first one to "perpetuate hate" on this thread. Should be easy, no?
Quote:

This place used to be a fun place to hang out and discuss things. Even in the year after 9/11 there was never such vitriolic postings with hate and bile in each one.

Here again, we are talking about a completely false statement on the part of Skybird. Or do you agree with false statements or do you have some other source to legitimize them?
Quote:

Who initiated hostilities by calling me worse than the kommandant of Auschwitz?

And why were you so silent then?

One wonders...........................
Quote:
I do support free speech but more and more of what I see here is leaning towards incitement to hate.

Try barking up the right tree. Get your facts straight. It helps.
The Avon Lady

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jumpy wrote:
Surely the only time 'wasted' is yours as you choose to see fit and as such is unnessescary as a ripost? Thumbs Up :8Cool

Definitely mine is wasted but if this is entertainment for you, enjoy the show. Joking
Konovalov

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XabbaRus wrote:

Another guy with the balls to call it like it is around here as Mike "Red October" Hense has done. Thumbs Up

Avon Lady,

I made it quite clear that what you do is simply trash the other persons argument time and time again by labelleing the website linked to as leftie, loonie, and so on. You asked for evidence and I called your bluff. Get over it.
The Avon Lady

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konovalov wrote:
XabbaRus wrote:

Another guy with the balls to call it like it is around here as Mike "Red October" Hense has done. Thumbs Up

So, you're also for promoting incitement to hate other forum members here? Well bully for you!
Quote:
Avon Lady,

I made it quite clear that what you do is simply trash the other persons argument time and time again by labelleing the website linked to as leftie, loonie, and so on. You asked for evidence and I called your bluff. Get over it.

Very well. Whatever. You now have my clarification in my previous post to you. You win. I lose.
jumpy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Avon Lady wrote:

I think most will agree here that you have no need for anyone else to champion your cause - for want of a better word which escapes me for now; I refrain from the word 'bias', but perhaps 'oppinion' or 'point of view' or maybe 'standpoint' would be more accurate?

And it's not so much entertainment as compelling to see what new revalation is going to appear upon the magic window of mystery (my monitor) Laughing
The Avon Lady

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jumpy wrote:
The Avon Lady wrote:

I think most will agree here that you have no need for anyone else to champion your cause

I fully agree with that.

It's another thing, however, to accuse me of being the instigator of the hate incitement on several threads here.

And now back to our show!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: