Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

International Worker's Day (aka. Labour Day or May Day)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XabbaRus

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What hypocrisy.

Quite happy for the illegals to do the poo poo jobs Americans don't want to do (we have the same thing here) but want them thrown out when a situation such as this arises.

Interestingly the majority of illegals in the US are believed to actually pay taxes

http://www.nysun.com/article/30872/ as one source. I'll find more later.

It would be cheaper and more beneficial to normalise their status.

The cost of rounding them up, prosecuting them and deporting them would be substantially more than letting them become US citizens and having them continues working. Make a cut off, those here get citizen ship, new illegals, automatic deportation.
August

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XabbaRus wrote:
What hypocrisy.

Quite happy for the illegals to do the poo poo jobs Americans don't want to do

I keep hearing this theme from the people favoring the illegals. What you actually mean is:

"...poo poo jobs that Americans won't do for the slave wages that are offered".

Americans are not afraid of getting their hands dirty...
XabbaRus

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But as a country you seem quite happy for them to do the poo poo jobs for poo poo wages so you can have cheap services as long as they keep their gobs shut.

I've done some poo poo jobs for poo poo wages, but I'd rather clean toilets than sit on my arse doing nothing because I think I am too good for that.
August

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XabbaRus wrote:
But as a country you seem quite happy for them to do the poo poo jobs for poo poo wages so you can have cheap services as long as they keep their gobs shut.

It might seem that way from your side of the pond but i invite you to check out the readers comments from the BBC article on the illegals protest. Among US citizens they are overwhelmingly in favor of rounding them up and shipping them back to where ever they came from.

Quote:
I've done some poo poo jobs for poo poo wages, but I'd rather clean toilets than sit on my arse doing nothing because I think I am too good for that.

So there's nobody in your country who feels that way?
The Avon Lady

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XabbaRus wrote:
What hypocrisy.

Quite happy for the illegals to do the poo poo jobs Americans don't want to do (we have the same thing here) but want them thrown out when a situation such as this arises.

Who says anyone here is for this?

And who says that only now do people want them sent back to where they came?

Wrong on both counts.
XabbaRus

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never wrote only now.

I know many who do want to send them back, but hey the US govt has done little to that effect, hence problem is as it stands now.

I wasn't talking about people on this board in particular I was meaning in the US in general.

Fact is the US and her people have been quite happy for the illegals to do the poo poo jobs. The UK is no different either, or any other country for that matter.
Kapitan

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beg to differ any illigal found to be working in dubai is quickly deported without any hesitation, my uncle recently came back from there and they are $h1T hot on immigration because there is no where to hide they will find you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
joea

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubai is a very small country and as you said no place to hide. Quite different from the US or Europe.
Konovalov

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over here in Britain our problem is how the Home Office stuffed up and let out of prison over 1000 foreign national criminals including murderers, paedophiles, and rapists back onto the streets of Britain instead of promptly deporting them back to thier home countries. This is a huge scandel in Britain and rightly so.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,17129-2150862,00.html
STEED

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konovalov wrote:
Over here in Britain our problem is how the Home Office stuffed up and let out of prison over 1000 foreign national criminals including murderers, paedophiles, and rapists back onto the streets of Britain instead of promptly deporting them back to thier home countries. This is a huge scandel in Britain and rightly so.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,17129-2150862,00.html

Say that again this Government is corrupt to the core, what a bunch of useless they are.
August

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STEED wrote:
Say that again this Government is corrupt to the core, what a bunch of useless they are.

Incompetant is not the same thing as corrupt, unless of course you feel these people were deliberately released in accordance with some dark evil plan.
STEED

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

August wrote:
STEED wrote:

Incompetant is not the same thing as corrupt, unless of course you feel these people were deliberately released in accordance with some dark evil plan.

The current British government is incompetent on all matters. :down:
Sharkstooth

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XabbaRus wrote:
What hypocrisy.

Interestingly the majority of illegals in the US are believed to actually pay taxes

http://www.nysun.com/article/30872/ as one source. I'll find more later.

It would be cheaper and more beneficial to normalise their status.

The cost of rounding them up, prosecuting them and deporting them would be substantially more than letting them become US citizens and having them continues working. Make a cut off, those here get citizen ship, new illegals, automatic deportation.

What a crock.
The Mexicans I know of, and I know of quite a few......have good paying jobs --mostly in restaurants or landscaping. I don't have any idea if they are illegals or not, but this country would buck up and get the jobs done if they are not here.
The business owners hire them because they would have to pay more for a US citizen to do the job.

Contrary to some beliefs, America did NOT shut down and I am all in favor of shipping them back until they can get over here legally.

Would you like your country to have a mass immigration of illegal americans who work cheaper and enjoy many of the benifits legally in your country?? oh, and then demand that we be made citizens cause we are willing to work for a little bit less money and there are too many of us over there now to ship us back.
XabbaRus

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's the rub, they provide cheap labour. Why don't you campaign for proper pay, or a raising of the minimum wage so that Americans would do the jobs.

In the UK minimum wage is close to £5, that's almost $10 an hour. Pretty decent.

People might think I am talking as if there isn't a problem in the UK.

We get illegals who then claim asylum, we also get others who aren't illegal in entering but also then claim asylum. Now technically for some daft reason, while their application is being processed they aren't allowed to work, they are given vouchers and other benefits. The crazy thing is most WANT to work, legally, they want to take a job here. That's why they come. And many of them will do the minimum wage jobs that many Brits won't touch as they believe they are too good for that (believe me I see enough of them.) but the govt. won't let them work so they work illegally cash in hand and the result is they can get ripped off etc. I think quite a lot of Brits might not realise who are doing the shitty jobs.

The thing is the problem in the US has been building up for many many years to the point you can't just throw them back out. Like many countries there was no coherent policy.

Personally I'd round up or the lazy bums who don't want to work and swap them 1 for 1 with an immigrant who does want to work.
Ducimus

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

August wrote:
XabbaRus wrote:
What hypocrisy.

Quite happy for the illegals to do the poo poo jobs Americans don't want to do

I keep hearing this theme from the people favoring the illegals. What you actually mean is:

"...poo poo jobs that Americans won't do for the slave wages that are offered".

Americans are not afraid of getting their hands dirty...

Several years ago, my family consisted of ranch and field hands. My father used to pick pears. He now works as a foreman in a machinists workshop. My aunt used to work in the sorting shed, sorting what people had picked. She now works at JPL. I have alot of other family members with a similar story.

The point is that while they have moved on to bigger and better things, they started out, doing the crap jobs mexicans do today. When your poor, and just starting out, you take what opportunities you can get. Opportunites that are no longer avialable to american citiizens. Why hire an american when you can pick up some wetback off the highway, pay him less then minimum wage, and avoid taxes?

I don't buy into the "jobs american's won't do" bullcrap. My famlies proof that they will. As my father told me, "when your hungry enough, you'll do most anything". Ill bet theres quite a few americans just starting out who would probably rather work out in a field for minimum wage, then flip burgers at the local McD's.

It could also be a vicious circle. Jobs such as these promote old world values, like " a days work". Without jobs that teach these values, some of these virtues are fading out of our society.

I think i read somewhere, an intresting idea. Deport all the illegals, and all the people on welfare, make them do the jobs the illegals were doing.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: