Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

The Grey Wolves Supermod (official thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cdre Gibs

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a sad fact that in SH3 the Aircraft physics just suck. They are hardcoded and therfore there is very little we can do with them. I agree that the level bombing anima is totaly off the wall, but its not something we can fix. In fact the aircraft are so bad that I would have to say its the 1 major flaw with SH3. All 1 has to do is watch how an AC turns (if you can call it a turn) to a new heading. And as if that wasnt enough of a problem, most of the AC munitions dont even work correctly ( DC that dont sink, Torpedos that dont drop, Bombs that have to big an arc, the list just keeps going on).

We make the best of what we have, sadly its far from perfect, but then so is life.
Wulfmann

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Absent Aircraft Reply with quote

Vermin wrote:
Well I had already set my max TC to 4096 so 2 less would be 1024.Still not a lot of A/C (actually - I did get bombed by 2 liberators in the Bay of Biscay. Maybe it will be much worse in late '43...
Again - not that I want to be sunk by aircraft! Very Happy

There is an easy way to test this. If you do 1024 and do not have to dive at least every other grid area or 6 to 8 times going and coming and 3 time a day on station then 1024 is masking or hiding you from radar equipped planes.
A good bug if you want to avoid what real U-Boats had to face.

Wulfmann
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38
Page 38 of 38

Jump to: