Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Patch Suggestions (Monitored by Sonalysts)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nattydread

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Bug? So sound for the helo in 3D Reply with quote

I played one of my first FFG single player missions, deployed my first Helo, I clicked on it in flight and to my surprise there was no wonderful beating of the blades, or whine from the turbines....Ohhhh the humanity!
Deathblow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting some bow waves in front of the contacts would be nice. They are there when truth is on, but not with truth is off. Would be nice to see them with truth is off as a bit of eye candy.
Deathblow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bug report

E2-Hawkeye launches from carriers are broken. The planes physically cannot launch off the carrier, they don't have the acceleration and immediatly nose dive into the ocean for a immediate crash.

I tried to remedy this my decreasing their min speed to a unrealistic value (30kts), with allowed them to launch off the carrier, but then they immediately went into a sharp bank that, with the current physics, resulted in a altitude decline that again landed them in the ocean.

This hasn't occured with the faster jet take offs and I'm unsure to whether it will occur with other slow moving props.

Just FYI, hope to see it fixed soon. Its always been a little bit of a mystery in the gameplay why the US carriers never re-launched hawkeye's even when scripted, answer is that they can't.

thx
db
Wildcat

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone asked earlier in this thread that the FFG7 roll more in the sea. The current movement is correct, the FFG7 is fitted with auto stabilization and does not roll much. The system was put in place to stabilize the ship as a weapons platform.

My request is for ship controlled altitude adjustments of the FFG7's launched helo. This would make it possible to conduct extremely long sonobuoy searches or longer over the horizon SM2 shots.
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wildcat wrote:
Someone asked earlier in this thread that the FFG7 roll more in the sea. The current movement is correct, the FFG7 is fitted with auto stabilization and does not roll much. The system was put in place to stabilize the ship as a weapons platform.

My request is for ship controlled altitude adjustments of the FFG7's launched helo. This would make it possible to conduct extremely long sonobuoy searches or longer over the horizon SM2 shots.

Over the horizon SM-2 shots are out... it requires a LOS to the Fire Control Radar because it is a semi-active homing missile (the OTH capabilities of the SM-2 are disputable at this time, especially from non-AEGIS vessels).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51
Page 51 of 51

Jump to: