Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

From rags to riches?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Avon Lady

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: Rags over Riches.... Reply with quote

Iceman wrote:
Be thankfull only the ground was cursed.

Typical male! :down:

To the woman He said, "I shall surely increase your sorrow and your pregnancy; in pain you shall bear children. And to your husband will be your desire, and he will rule over you.
(Genesis 3:16)
kiwi_2005

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman, if i may ask what you think of that Benny Hinn character i saw him on TV the other day healing ppl in the name of Jesus, hes on a world tour and was in Indonesia , in front of a crowd of 500,000 and counting. He healed the sick, cancer patients, a boy in a wheel chair, etc., He would touch them and they would fall and shake upon the ground, sweating crying and do all that other devil out of me stuff it was pretty amazing to watch him perform but a part of me was going this is total BS. Very Happy

Than again i dont know he could be for real
Skybird

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiwi_2005 wrote:
Iceman, if i may ask what you think of that Benny Hinn character i saw him on TV the other day healing ppl in the name of Jesus, hes on a world tour and was in Indonesia , in front of a crowd of 500,000 and counting. He healed the sick, cancer patients, a boy in a wheel chair, etc., He would touch them and they would fall and shake upon the ground, sweating crying and do all that other devil out of me stuff it was pretty amazing to watch him perform but a part of me was going this is total BS. Very Happy

That he - or someone like him, there are so many - does "world tours", and celebrates himself in front of 500.000 tells you everything about him you need to know. Trust your mind, use your brain, check your intuition. You already feel the doubt, you say. Listen to it. Scepticism is your friend, and it is a legal attitude of mind, helping you to separate "believing" from "knowing by experience". Other people's experience with this guy are of no help for you. And if they claim to have been healed, or enlightend, or delighted, or whatever - of what use is this for YOU?

"Do not put faith in traditions, even though they have been accepted for long generations and in many countries. Do not believe a thing because many repeat it. Do not accept a thing on the authority of one or another of the sages of old, nor on the ground of statements as found in the books. Never believe anything because probability is in its favor. Do not believe in that which you yourselves have imagined, thinking that a god has inspired it. Believe nothing merely on the authority of the teachers or the priests. After examination, believe that which you have tested for yourself and found reasonable, which is in conformity with your well being and that of others." (Kalamas Sutra)
The Avon Lady

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skybird wrote:
kiwi_2005 wrote:

That he - or someone like him, there are so many - does "world tours", and celebrates himself in front of 500.000 tells you everything about him you need to know. Trust your mind, use your brain, check your intuition.

And don't forget to Google.

Sadly, we here have a handful of our own. :down:
joea

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

micky1up wrote:
the truth is sadly that the european systems have been here an awful lot longer than the US and are steeped in a more cultured and historical back ground, unfortunately for the americans in making the US they destroyed a much more cultured human system that of the native indians

FFS, what crap is this? FYI, the EUROPEANs started massacring the Indians, oh and the UK got rich and was able to start the industrial revolution thanks in part to the triangular slave trade, after the destruction of the natives. (Yes I know once the Brtish Empire got rich it abolished the slave trade and the good ol RN stopped it but still) Which helped create the working and middle classes of the modern world...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: