Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Dial Glass Shattering On Initialisation

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malcymalc

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Dial Glass Shattering On Initialisation Reply with quote

Has anyone else experienced this problem? When reloading a saved game just as the initialisation is about to end I hear glass tinkling and then the faces of the dials are all cracked - as though I have suffered depth charge damage.

I have NYGM Tonnage War loaded at the moment - apart from that it is a plain set up. Obviously everything still works as advertised - it is just a curious problem to have.

Regards
malcolm
lafeeverted

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have had that happen. I do not recall why, or what fixed it.
U-Bones

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you load a saved game, you start with an undamaged boat, and any accumulated damage is replayed as part of the load. Consider it a reminder that you took damage prior to the save.
smoke

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, i had it happen to me also. It started doing it right after i sent a contact report, and did a save and exit. All glass was broken,and received report that hull was damaged. Don't know why though.

VIKTOR VOGEL
U-588
VonHelsching

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This also happens if you apply mid patrol a mod that modifies the hit points, armour etc. of the uboat (i.e zones.cfg).
gouldjg

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Von,

Is this a possible side effect for future randomisations?.

Will a healthy sub which has no previous damage, get a shattered glass panel if hit points are randomised?

:nope: :nope: That could be a slight downer. I could live with it, if I was getting better variation of the game but I suspect some folks would get worried about it.
JScones

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VonHelsching wrote:
This also happens if you apply mid patrol a mod that modifies the hit points, armour etc. of the uboat (i.e zones.cfg).

Yep First thought that came into my head.
JScones

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gouldjg wrote:
Is this a possible side effect for future randomisations.

Will a healthy sub which has no previous damage, get a shattered glass panel if hit points are randomised?

:nope: :nope: That could be a slight downer. I could live with it, if I was getting better variation of the game but I suspect some folks would get worried about it.

At worst it may mean that *some* entries in Randomised events.cfg *may* require a "RndMidPat=0" line to ensure randomisation doesn't occur mid-patrol. Not all, perhaps just some.

But some heavy testing on mid-patrol games should give an indication.
VonHelsching

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JScones wrote:
gouldjg wrote:
Is this a possible side effect for future randomisations.

At worst it may mean that *some* entries in Randomised events.cfg *may* require a "RndMidPat=0" line to ensure randomisation doesn't occur mid-patrol. Not all, perhaps just some.

But some heavy testing on mid-patrol games should give an indication.

Yes, I totally agree. Probably all the entries that are connected with the hull integrity. Which are they, BTW?
kiwi_2005

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i use to get that as well, i also would get sometimes a dead Uboat when i load up a saved game? And i know my boat wasn't underattack when i saved. But on reloading I would get the abandon career screen. :nope:
VoodooPriest

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I can hear the crew cheer (as if I just hit a ship) after loading a mid-patrol savegame.
The original problem (breaking glass) indeed only happens to me when loading a savegame with a damaged sub. Sometimes they also announce a damagd hull.
Tonnage_Ace

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite the glass breaking, crew cheering and my Chief Engineer saying, "Were taking damage!"...you gotta love that extremely loud screeching sound when you start up a saved game. Almost sounds like the THX sound effect when a movie starts, only a lot more grating. Still love the game though.

note: I no longer have that loud screeching noise anymore since installing GW, just a tip for anyone who hears that.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: