Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Will my specs work?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HM.Medico

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Will my specs work? Reply with quote

Ahoy all, Umm, I've been playing SCS: DW for a while and that worked OK on my PC, all I want to know, before purchasing SH3 is will it work?

A'ight, these are my specs

1.4 GHz Intel Pentium M Processer
240 MB of RAM
Intel Extreme Graphics 64mb Shared MoBo, no pixel shader support (i think)
Inbuilt sound card (Soundmax digital audio)
And laptop, un-upgradable (except for RAM)

is it hopless or should I buy away?
Gizzmoe

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: Will my specs work? Reply with quote

It won´t work on your system. You need at least 512MB RAM (better 1GB when using major mods like Grey Wolves or IUB) and a video card with dedicated RAM (no shared-memory cards) and pixel shader support.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HM.Medico

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right then, thanks yall, now, I shall stick to the SCS forum.
gogades

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Will my specs work? Reply with quote

Gizzmoe wrote:
It won´t work on your system. You need at least 512MB RAM (better 1GB when using major mods like Grey Wolves or IUB) and a video card with dedicated RAM (no shared-memory cards) and pixel shader support.

All true, except for the part about shared memory video cards. My laptop has an ATI Xpress 200M with 128Mb shared from the main 1Gb memory pool, and it runs SH3 just fine. I don't think the game cares "where" the memory comes from as long as long as all its requirements are met.
Gizzmoe

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Will my specs work? Reply with quote

Right, SH3 doesn´t care where the video memory comes from. That was just my short way of saying "Stay away from shared-memory cards, they are crap!".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JScones

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Will my specs work? Reply with quote

Gizzmoe wrote:
Right, SH3 doesn´t care where the video memory comes from. That was just my short way of saying "Stay away from shared-memory cards, they are crap!".

Rotfl Rotfl

But so true.
HM.Medico

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Okay, I get that my PC is rubbish, let me place it onboard the next merchant ship you kill, yish.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: