Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Most awsome kill you ever made?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HM.Medico

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Most awsome kill you ever made? Reply with quote

All right all, I want to know the best kill you EVER made. Mine first I suppose

Est. 60Km From coast line, Depth: 50m
Contacts: 3 Destroyers (enemy) 1 tanker (neutral) 1 Helicopter (enemy) 1 Cruiser (friendly) 1 unknown (unknown alliegence)

20 Secs 4x TC
Unknown Pinged (2 unknown, Unknown alliegence)

15 Secs (4x TC)
2 Destroyers within torpedo range in Est. 20 Secs (2x TC)
Set torpedoes, Flood, Equilize, Open Tube

20 Secs (2x TC)
Fire Torp 1, Fire Torp 2, both at Destroyer one, Re-aim, fire Torp 3, 4

10 Secs (2x TC)
Strike Port Bow of Destroyer 1, Stike Port Bow and Port Aft of Destroyer 2. Est. 15 secs 4x TC from Destroyer 3, Inbound, Confirm Unknown 1 identity as Enemy Cruiser, 1 Enemy cruiser Est. 2 Mins 4x TC.

30 Secs (1x TC)
Drop further 25 Metres, Reload all tubes, Full UW speed ahead, attempt to outrun destroyer

30 Secs (1x TC)
Pinged by Destroyer, Suffering Sperodic DCs
Friendly Helicopter Est. 2 Mins 1x TC
Full Reverse

2 Mins (1x TC)
Helicopter wire torpedo Destroyer
Surface
Report kills
Submerge to 50m

The end

Now it's your turn!
Bellman

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nimitz unopposed. Laughing But TLAM has closed that door. Yep
Kapitan

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was off the norwiegen sea up top not far from north cape, i was ahead of my battle group when i ran into the enamy (France).

I stopped came to PD and had a look then waited at 100meters, i poped up again and saw the cruiser Jeene d arc so i fired three torps.

Someone else fired at me so i legged it i went under a destroyer cassard and the torpedos chasing me locked on him instead, i sank the cruiser and two other ships the battle goup did the rest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nexus7

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A multiplayer game with 3 Seawolves, FFA. Distances around 20nm each, positioned like at the angles of an equilateral triangle.

One north of me one east. All engaged all. One of my ADCAP's got the Seawolf east.

Then a LOT of successfull evasions both of me and of the remaining opponent.

I then fired 4 and closed in at flank while having the opponent evading. Lost TactCon, he regained it to soon, fired two down my bearing and i didn't have the time to evade.

Didn't survive that one, but still one with a lot of action and skill requirement, with a lot of torpedoes fired and a lot of torpedoes evaded. Also a lot of tactic involved. Closely resembled a game of chess.
Sonoboy

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in one of those 2v2 sub games. I took my trusty seawolf. Enemy had found me, I guess, and fired subrocs at me. two of them splashed nearby. I got range and marked them, then got the bearing on the enemy by drawing a line from both torpedo marks.

Later, I got him on a UUV and towed. He was above the layer, so I went below and charged at him. I went under him, turned around, and emerged from the abyss. He probably didn't even know I was there. Anyways, I remained behind him until my ally killed the other sub, then I blew him away.
TLAM Strike

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has to be the time in a Kilo Imp I sneaked right under and behind a Burke class DDG and gave them three wakehomers at 500 yards. They were moving at about 20 knots I came in under the layer from abeam, waited till they passed over me then turned and fired. Shortest torpedo run time I’ve ever seen in DW.
Molon Labe

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught the briefest whiff of my opponent's (Seawolf) UUV coming from a narrow channel, which almost immediately disappeared, apparently behind the terrain again. The channel was all the way on the other side of the map, but it was a narrow, shallow crossing and was perfect for an ambush. I just had to get there first. A UUV deep would be worthless and a UUV shallow would reveal my approximate position, so I had to run blind. I took a deep, circuitous route, making sure that the sea floor and the islands masked my approach to the channel. I arrived on station without being detected. I moved up to the exit of the channel, slowed to 6 knots, and slowly patrolled across it.

Got contact on the conformal array first, then the towed array as that sensor became unmasked from behind the island. I triangulated the contact, put him at 4nm--the water was less than 100m there! I fired 3 shkvals on a 2-lead 1-lag spread set to 50m. The two lead weapons hit and sunk him. There was no return fire.
HM.Medico

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking Nexus kill a lot. nice, all of ya
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: