Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Simdata error loading SH3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiwi_2005

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Simdata error loading SH3 Reply with quote

For no reason i started getting a Simdata error whenever i load up SH3, it will load halfway then crash to desktop with the simdata error displayed. So i uninstalled SH3 and deleted the mods folder, sh3 commander and started a new install. Im up to my 4th install and just about going crazy.
I have done the following:
Scandisk
Defraged the Hdd
Ran a virus scan (clean)
Ran a spyware scan (clean)
Emptied the Temp folder
Wiped the My Documents\SH3\ folder
Emptied the internet folder in windows
Done a registry clean
DL a new 1.4b (US)

The game installs without any errors, I start SH3 up for the first time and shes fine. Works ok in version 1.0 But after i update to version 1.4b the game gives me a Simdata error.

So i downloaded another 1.4b patch (US) as the other must be corrupt. I uninstall SH3 using the add/remove options and check she still isn't in the registry. Then i restart another install. load up the game in version 1.0 she runs fine, go out and patch the game to ver 1.4b - load up SH3 and get the Simdata error! Damn
3 times i have done this (installed/uninstalled/reinstalled ). I recently updated my graphics card to a new one, but surely this aint the problem? Would my graphics card currupt the simdata file when SH3 is loading? Surely not. Im running winxp pro sp2, ive had no trouble with SH3 in the past and no mods are enabled.
Im not using any fix.
What the hell is wrong? I have just spent 4 hrs trying to get SH3 up and running with patch 1.4b its 2:53am im hitting the sack!

Any help appreciated
smoke

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you also go into your program files and remove UBISOFT? Uninstalling the game will not remove that folder. You must delete it

VIKTOR VOGEL

U-588
kiwi_2005

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got SH3 running. I replaced my dvd drive and installed a much older one that reads disks very slow. I then installed SH3 and patched it without any problems. My dvd drive (called Nu)had problems reading other disk at times even though SH3 install ok with my newer drive just the game would crash after the 1.4b patch. :hmm: I installed SH3 today using the older dvd drive and patched her to 1.4b.

No problems.

Im dumbfounded though the way one file Simdata gave me problems. :shifty:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: