Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Rome : Total War

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> All Kinds of Other Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XabbaRus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Rome : Total War Reply with quote

Ok after cleaning out my system I reinstalled Rome : Total War again. I started it but got way layed with other stuff.

Now I have the Rome Tatal War Total Realism patch.

Should I play Rome Total War in vanilla mode or should I go with the mod straight away?

I know the basics of how to play RTW but I do like historical accuracy.

Thing is I went to the RTW TR site and links are missing, bits unavailable. The last time I went after Christmas there was a lot more news available and they were talking about expanding the mod for Barbarian Invasion addon. Thing is there is nothing on the site about that and the forums are gone.

Any advice. I really want to give it a crack. so a fully patched Rome : Total War or patch RTW to the patch require for the Total Realism mod and play with that?

RTW TR requries only to patch up to 1.2
Egan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you going to the right RTR site Xab? a while ago one of the members went ferral and tried to torpedo the entire thing by setting up a disinformation site, so they had to move house. the correct link is:

http://www.rometotalrealism.org/

My personal anwser would be for multiple installs which is easy enough to do with RTW. You should bear in mind that a game patched up to BI won't run RTR. You will have to wait for the 7.0 version for that.

Personally, I prefer the RTR version to the vanilla. it is far more satisfying, the models, map and textures are vastly improved and the game play is far better.

Mind you, my favourite is the First Triumvirate Mod (available at the same site,) which recreates the last days of the republic from Caesars adventures in Gaul down to the Accension of Octavius with the help of some really clever scripting. it is a look at the future of RTR in fact.

Hoe that helps.

The RTR site is pretty good. I go by the name Ossian over there. Hope to see you around.
XabbaRus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I got it worng and found the real site.

I wonder what the deal was. Sounds like a big falling out. At the moment I have patched to 1.2 and playing without a mod. Having fun.

Will try RTR if I can win this campaign.

As long as RTR doesn't hurt the historical battles.

How do you do multiple installs as I'd prefer that.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> All Kinds of Other Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: