Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

The Oblivion game

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> All Kinds of Other Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiwi_2005

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: The Oblivion game Reply with quote

Totally Rock And am i glad my upgrading paid off. This game is a strain on the hardware. Its blardy beautiful to view. Those who brought the retail version only to find out theres no Construction Set Editor go here to DL it.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_utilities.htm

Any tips or good story quests to tell feel free to tell us!

Oh yeah Theres no more Cliffracers! Thumbs Up Very Happy
Egan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My system is 3.8 P4, 6800 ultra and 2 gigs ram and I was, shall we say, surprised by how intensive the game could be graphics-wise, especially deep in the forests.

Here is a handy tip, though, that has helped me boost all the ingame settings up to full (Still a bit of slowdown at times but nothing I can't put up with.)

If you open the config ini and look for a section called 'Grass' you can change the line

iMinGrassSize=80

To any number between 1 and 200. Increasing the number reduces the denisity of the grass in the game. I have mine at 160 and it runs very nicely, thankyou. Very Happy Those with stupidly powerful systems could increase it by reducing the number until their machines explode but that way madness lies and we shall not talk of it...

There are two config files. In the main game directory is one which is the default setting and another is in C/doc and settings/my games. I don't know which one has the effect so I just changed both.

Also: the game will attempt to overwrtie this every time it reloads so make sure you change it to read only first.

Hope this helps people with frame rate problems. I had to do it. Once I switched the shadows on and saw how beautiful it looked I couldn;t go back...
kiwi_2005

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you open the config ini and look for a section called 'Grass' you can change the line

iMinGrassSize=80

To any number between 1 and 200. Increasing the number reduces the denisity of the grass in the game. I have mine at 160 and it runs very nicely, thankyou. Those with stupidly powerful systems could increase it by reducing the number until their machines explode but that way madness lies and we shall not talk of it...

There are two config files. In the main game directory is one which is the default setting and another is in C/doc and settings/my games. I don't know which one has the effect so I just changed both.

Also: the game will attempt to overwrtie this every time it reloads so make sure you change it to read only first.

Hope this helps people with frame rate problems. I had to do it. Once I switched the shadows on and saw how beautiful it looked I couldn;t go back...

Thanks for that Info Egan! Rock Yup this game is a system hogger graphic wise. Im running on my second PC as my faster one i burnt out the mobo Damn when building it Sad So im using me SH3 PC. Athlonxp 2800 overclocked, 786RAM, GF6800GT 256 ram.
GlobalExplorer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, pleeeaaase don't take this personal, but for me Oblivion sucks. It's a bland, uninspired action rpg for kids with a console interface. I find it really irritating that Bethesda gets so much praise for this crap.

I really had high hopes for this game but if from today all RPG's are like that the genre is dead dead dead.

Sorry for this rant.
Egan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, why would we take it personal? I think it is an alright game but there is nothing stunning in it. I like the combat system and the horses but I would much rather be playing Baldur's gate 3 or something. Very Happy I felt much the same about Morrowind. It was fun and all but....

I think my problem is that I am fed up with fantasy RPGs. I want one set either in ancient rome or the wild west. No magic, no monsters, just cool characters, stories and back drops.

Actually, after watching Deadwood last night I REALLY want a western rpg. It could be so very cool if it is done right. Imagine it: Six shooters, cool duds, horses, whores, injuns and not a goblin in sight. lets excavate our OWN mythology and past instead of some random swords and sorcery nonsense.

Basically i just want RPG producers to start thinking outside the box. Forget the groundbreaking features for the moment and concentrate on the setting and the story. If you don't got them whats the point in the rest?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> All Kinds of Other Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: