Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

No merchant traffic
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzsteven

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Framework v 2.0 Reply with quote

robj250 wrote:
Should I uninstall framework 2.0 before I install v 1.1? If I'm able to uninstall v 2 Confused Robert

(sigh) I could swear I specifically said to install .Net Framework 1.1..... leave 2.0 on your system, it won't hurt anything. Download 1.1 from the link on Global Explores site. HW3 gave you the link, scroll down towards the bottom.

Then after installing 1.1, click on the .exe file for SH3 Gen, it will install itself.

zz
robj250

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Framework v 2.0 Reply with quote

zzsteven wrote:
robj250 wrote:
Should I uninstall framework 2.0 before I install v 1.1? If I'm able to uninstall v 2 Confused Robert

(sigh) I could swear I specifically said to install .Net Framework 1.1..... leave 2.0 on your system, it won't hurt anything. Download 1.1 from the link on Global Explores site. HW3 gave you the link, scroll down towards the bottom.

Then after installing 1.1, click on the .exe file for SH3 Gen, it will install itself.

zz

Okay. I just finished installing v 1.1, and DL SH3Gen and installed it and printed out the quickstart file. Now it mentions that when I start a new mission I should save the game after I am out of port, then Alt-Tab out of SHIII, then start SH3GEN to get my intelligence update. It then says to click the bottom right of the entry "SaveGame" and browse to where my savegames. then the button "Generate" become enabled. Click on it to generate a new ingame map and war diary. Okay, lets say for instance that in my last mission (which was 22) I had a saved game in that folder "b4fire" well in the game file there are 9 references to the b4fire - they are clg, crp, isf, map, psc, rmr, rms, rsf, and sav. I assume I select the file called b4fire.sav, is that correct? Then return to SHIII and continue my mission and reload my saved game b4fire. Robert. Oh, I noticed that it said to create two savegames. Phew, I hope I did everything right :hmm:
GlobalExplorer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. I am GlobalExplorer and I have written Sh3Gen. If you have questions, I can answer them.

Sh3Gen is completely independent of Sh3Cmdr and it can be used with all SHIII mods. It is only confusing that an older version of Sh3Cmdr needed a patch to work with Sh3Gen, but that is fixed now, too.

The dialog box only lets you select the sav file. See it?

The whole process is much easier than you describe. It's basically just:

1. Save (ideally at the start of a patrol, when out of port)
2. Alt-Tab
3. Run Sh3Gen, select savegame and press "Generate"
4. Return to SHIII and reload

This has to be done only once per patrol, as it gives information that is valid for 3-6 weeks in advance, sometimes more.

Requires DotNet1.1, but it should be no problem if you have 1.1 and 2.0 installed on the same machine (tip: I am a DotNet developer, but never have 2.0 on my machine. sort of like nothing but the next best thing at the moment. 1.1 runs well)

GE

P.S. Thanks again to VonHelsching for pimping my app Wink

P.P.S. The info about ships in ports is pretty reliable, as it comes from the SCR_Layer, while convoys and merchants at sea are pretty hard to come by due to low SpawnProbability values in RND_Layer. I hope I can imporve this in one of the coming updates.
robj250

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi GlobalExplorer. Okay, let's see if I got this straight. I do not have to "open" my patrol 22 folder. I just have to make sure to 'browse' to My Documents/SH3/Career/Robert and it will go from there using ALL my 22 missions picking out the *.sav ? I do NOT have to generate from Patrol 22. Correct?
Robert.
VonHelsching

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robj250 wrote:
Hi GlobalExplorer. Okay, let's see if I got this straight. I do not have to "open" my patrol 22 folder. I just have to make sure to 'browse' to My Documents/SH3/Career/Robert and it will go from there using ALL my 22 missions picking out the *.sav ? I do NOT have to generate from Patrol 22. Correct?
Robert.

Let's assume that you are still in the game before you save (away from the port).

1 You are in mission say 22.
2 You save: Filename "robert22"
3 Alt-Tab
4 Run Sh3Gen
5 Select the folder with the highest number (equals with your patrol #)
6 Select the savegame you just saved "robert22.sav"
6A (optional) From the options check with the slider how accurate should your intelligence report be
7 Press "Generate" and wait 5-10 seconds
8 Return to SH3 and reload.
robj250

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VonHelsching wrote:
robj250 wrote:
Robert.

Let's assume that you are still in the game before you save (away from the port).

3 Alt-Tab
4 Run Sh3Gen
6A (optional) From the options check with the slider how accurate should your intelligence report be

Good Morning VonHelsching. I am about to start a new patrol # 24 out of St.Nazaire. (after breakfast of course) So let's say, after I have left port, I save the game as robert24 - that is saved game (robert24) that I generate, wait 10 seconds and return to SH3 and reload robert24. Cool. Thanks. Robert
GlobalExplorer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope one day I find the time to make a diagram for this, because it's actually not that hard.

All the enhancements that Sh3Gen makes are written into the savegame. Once SHIII has loaded the savegame, the additional data will show up ingame. You can repeat the generation process as often as you want.

Basically all you have to do is point Sh3Gen to a savegame. When/how you saved it doesn't matter, as well as when/how you reload it.

All you have to do with Sh3Gen is:

- save
- alt/tab
- generate
- load

And this can be repeated as often as you want.

Instead of alt-tab you might as well quit SHIII, or run Sh3Gen before you start SHIII if you have saved at the end of the last session.

Can someone try to explain this in two straight sentences? In English I cannot express it in a simple way.
robj250

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GlobalExplorer wrote:
I hope one day I find the time to make a diagram for this, because it's actually not that hard.

All the enhancements that Sh3Gen makes are written into the savegame. Once SHIII has loaded the savegame, the additional data will show up ingame. You can repeat the generation process as often as you want.

Basically all you have to do is point Sh3Gen to a savegame. When/how you saved it doesn't matter, as well as when/how you reload it.

All you have to do with Sh3Gen is:

- save
- alt/tab
- generate
- load

And this can be repeated as often as you want.

Instead of alt-tab you might as well quit SHIII, or run Sh3Gen before you start SHIII if you have saved at the end of the last session.

Can someone try to explain this in two straight sentences? In English I cannot express it in a simple way.

So is VonHelsching correct?
GlobalExplorer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VonHelsching wrote:
robj250 wrote:
Robert.

3 Alt-Tab
4 Run Sh3Gen

Perfect. You can't go wrong if you follow VonHelschings instructions.

Edit: Waiting 5-10 seconds means wait for Sh3Gen to finish the generation process. Once the summary appears, it's finished.

Edit: Filename doesn't have to be Robert22 if its the 22nd patrol. It's only important to know that the savegame is in a folder /22. ShHIII's save system is a bit weird, but offers a lot of possibilities for modders.
robj250

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GlobalExplorer wrote:
VonHelsching wrote:
robj250 wrote:
Robert.

3 Alt-Tab
4 Run Sh3Gen

Perfect. You can't go wrong if you follow VonHelschings instructions.

Edit: Waiting 5-10 seconds means wait for Sh3Gen to finish the generation process. Once the summary appears, it's finished.

Edit: Filename doesn't have to be Robert22 if its the 22nd patrol. It's only important to know that the savegame is in a folder /22. ShHIII's save system is a bit weird, but offers a lot of possibilities for modders.

Thanks you very much sir. I will be starting Patrol 24 after I have something to eat. Robert
GlobalExplorer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gute Jagd!
robj250

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GlobalExplorer wrote:
Gute Jagd!

Where do I find the intelligence report that was generated? Robert
robj250

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robj250 wrote:
GlobalExplorer wrote:
Gute Jagd!

Where do I find the intelligence report that was generated? Robert

Never mind, I found it, Thanks a bunch guys. Robert
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: