Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Sabotaged!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salvadoreno

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Sabotaged! Reply with quote

Well i downloaded the Sabotage mod and used it in my current Wolves at War campaign. I did not quite see any difference until i was just finished attacking my first convoy round June 13 or somewhere around there. Anyway as i sailed to my patrol zone i was attacked by an aircraft too late to dive. I went ahead flank but my boat only went 10knots max speed. Luckily i survived BUT i was wondering if there was any way to fix this? I was pretty sure in the readme it stated "it may be possible to repair at sea" but i dont know how. Well i stayed on patrol despite my difficulties and it never repaired and when i reloaded the problem was still there, and yet another problem arose. My diesel was leaking fuel faster than usual, and at that point i had to cancel my fruitless patrol. Is there anyway for these problems to be fixed? Do i need to put some men at the repair station or but men in the compartment that needs fixing? I never quite understood this part. Im starting a new patrol now and its July, hopefully i dont have problems but if i do i want to know how to fix this.
Salvadoreno

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no ANSWER? wack.
CCIP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't possible to repair this, I believe. It'll stick with you for the rest of that patrol Yep
JScones

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: Sabotaged! Reply with quote

Salvadoreno wrote:
Well i downloaded the Sabotage mod and used it in my current Wolves at War campaign. I did not quite see any difference until i was just finished attacking my first convoy round June 13 or somewhere around there. Anyway as i sailed to my patrol zone i was attacked by an aircraft too late to dive. I went ahead flank but my boat only went 10knots max speed. Luckily i survived BUT i was wondering if there was any way to fix this? I was pretty sure in the readme it stated "it may be possible to repair at sea" but i dont know how. Well i stayed on patrol despite my difficulties and it never repaired and when i reloaded the problem was still there, and yet another problem arose. My diesel was leaking fuel faster than usual, and at that point i had to cancel my fruitless patrol. Is there anyway for these problems to be fixed? Do i need to put some men at the repair station or but men in the compartment that needs fixing? I never quite understood this part. Im starting a new patrol now and its July, hopefully i dont have problems but if i do i want to know how to fix this.

Remove the mod? That'll work. Wink

If the readme makes the statement that damage can be repaired at sea, I think it is wrong...unless of course Hemisent knows the trick.

Personally, I can't see this as possible - essentially, the sabotage mod adjusts default values. The game doesn't know, or care, what the default values are. It just knows when the value changes (ie through in-game damage). So, my guess is you're stuck with the damage until you return to port.

Which, when you consider malfunctions, is not that unrealistic. Some times things just break when least expected and you can't fix everything at sea. That's why you have to make decisions - is it bad enough that I need to return to port? Or can I live with it?

I love this effect. I have been known to deliberately shorten my patrols just to simulate malfunction (not sabotage per se, but just general equipment wear and tear). This mod, when extended through the whole war with a focus on general maintenance and wear and tear, will be the bees-knees for me.
BigBadVuk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Sabotaged! Reply with quote

Salvadoreno wrote:
Do i need to put some men at the repair station or but men in the compartment that needs fixing? I never quite understood this part. Im starting a new patrol now and its July, hopefully i dont have problems but if i do i want to know how to fix this.

No...u need to KICK Bernard out of there as S as P Thumbs Up Joking Rotfl
Salvadoreno

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Sabotaged! Reply with quote

JScones wrote:
Salvadoreno wrote:

If the readme makes the statement that damage can be repaired at sea, I think it is wrong...unless of course Hemisent knows the trick.

Personally, I can't see this as possible - essentially, the sabotage mod adjusts default values. The game doesn't know, or care, what the default values are. It just knows when the value changes (ie through in-game damage). So, my guess is you're stuck with the damage until you return to port.

Which, when you consider malfunctions, is not that unrealistic. Some times things just break when least expected and you can't fix everything at sea. That's why you have to make decisions - is it bad enough that I need to return to port? Or can I live with it?

I love this effect. I have been known to deliberately shorten my patrols just to simulate malfunction (not sabotage per se, but just general equipment wear and tear). This mod, when extended through the whole war with a focus on general maintenance and wear and tear, will be the bees-knees for me.

well i definately wont remove the mod but i was just wondering if i could fix it. This mod is definately a must-have for me and cant wait for this mod to be simulated throughout the war. I agree with u 100%
Salvadoreno

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Sabotaged! Reply with quote

JScones wrote:
Salvadoreno wrote:

well i definately wont remove the mod but i was just wondering if i could fix it. This mod is definately a must-have for me and cant wait for this mod to be simulated throughout the war. I agree with u 100% I guess ill risk my slow dive time and see what happens Smile
JScones

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Sabotaged! Reply with quote

Salvadoreno wrote:
I guess ill risk my slow dive time and see what happens Smile

And that is exactly the intent of the mod (although I'm not telling you anything you don't already know). Do I? Don't I? Will I? Won't I? Continue? Or go home? Even more to ponder now when you see that smoke on the horizon!
CCIP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it included with the latest SHIII commander or do I have to get it separately?
JScones

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the related thread... http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=49873

Hemisent is still tweaking and when finished it will cover the whole war, but for now it just covers D-Day on.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: