Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

need help with wolfies tweek pak

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charlesmester

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: need help with wolfies tweek pak Reply with quote

Please, I need some help with this. I down loaded wolfies tweek pak and it works great, just one thing i can not figure out, is how to create the short cut for the sub.exe load out. Please if any one can explain it step by step from the begining, in plain english, because i am not to smart when it comes to computors i would really appreciate it. Have a great day.

Chuck
VonHelsching

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about this program, but I certainly know about shortcuts!

Just right click with your mouse on the .exe file --->send to ---> desktop (create shortcut). Thumbs Up
charlesmester

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: need help wolfies tweek pak Reply with quote

In my first post i think i explained it wrong, what i am trying to do is create the short cut not for the desk top but for the change it make to the sub.exe file so i can change the amount of tubes you can have on the boat. I am trying to fix the bug with the IXD series and that short cut will do it. I have the files working fine but just confused on that part as how to exicute the short cut where you have to wright in wolfies tweek pack with the capitol letter to make it work. Please anybody that has use the Tweek Pak please help.

have a great day

Chuck
U-Bones

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: need help wolfies tweek pak Reply with quote

charlesmester wrote:
In my first post i think i explained it wrong, what i am trying to do is create the short cut not for the desk top but for the change it make to the sub.exe file so i can change the amount of tubes you can have on the boat. I am trying to fix the bug with the IXD series and that short cut will do it. I have the files working fine but just confused on that part as how to exicute the short cut where you have to wright in wolfies tweek pack with the capitol letter to make it work. Please anybody that has use the Tweek Pak please help.

have a great day

Chuck

I remember trying to use the documented parameter to enable that feature, but it did not work as advertized for me either. (XP Home)...

I ended up using Sh3 Commander to modify the number of torpedos on a loadout, I use 3+3int+2ext on IID, and only one reload per tube on a VII (for shorter patrols and more mods lol). Ths nice thing about it is it works regardless of active mod as long as you use SH3Cdr to load.

At work, or I would post an example.
U-Bones

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple example of how I add 2 external torps to my IID
Using SH3 COmmander 2.5
c:\program files\sh3 commander\cfg\basic changes.cfg
(this file controls modification of the games data\cfg\basic.cfg file)

[SUBMARINE_AMMO1];IID
ForeResExtern=2
ForeResExtern00=0 ; default load t1 in 39
ForeResExtern01=0
ForeResExtern10=0 ; default load t1 in 40
ForeResExtern11=0
ForeResExtern20=2 ; default load t2 in 41
ForeResExtern21=2

Basically I changed reserveExternals from 0 to 2, then specified default loadouts for the first 3 years of the war. T1 until 41 then T2

If you examine the section in the game basic.cfg you can see what is done and even edit directly if desired. The nice thing about using SH3 Commander is that the original is left intact and you play with a tweaked copy.
charlesmester

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: problem with wolfies tweek pak Reply with quote

Thanks u-bones for your help worked fine, again thanks

Chuck
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: