Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

GW and shipping lanes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy_311

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: GW and shipping lanes Reply with quote

In the GW mod I would like to know 1 question have the single traffic and convoy route have changed from the original routes?
Reason am asking is I hardly encounter a single ship now and encounter convoys where they arn't suppose to be.
I f this is so is there a new map with the shipping route available somewhere or is it pot luck and take your chances where you go?
Ultraboy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't know for sure, but I would speculate that since the map that shipped with the game, that has all the original routes, is now included in-game at the Navmap screen, the routes have not changed. If the routes were changed in GW, why would they include an outdated map?

Hmm, It may also be possible that the map was there all along and I just never noticed it 'til I installed GW.
Vassili

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember the map being there before GW either..

Pretty sure it wasn't there Smile
rogerbo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ma with the Convoy routes where included originaly in a Printed version, later there was a mod where you saw all the routes in the max out zoom level. However the routes normaly are scripted like all the ship movements so to change the shiping lane is possible, if it has been done i don't know but if so only according the historic data
BigBadVuk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAIT,wait,wait...im playing GW for 1 month now(or so) and i have been played SH1.0 before that for like 6-7 months...R u trying to say that nav map(F5) is changed in GW so u can see the routes for convoys directly there...becose I DONT see any diference between these 2 versions(GW and 1.0 SH3)...I noticed some changes (like coloured layers for easier determination of depth under keel with marker tool selected,and clock) but i didnt found in any zoom level any trace of convoy routes!!!!! :down: Damn
rogerbo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this

Here you'll find about every mod made.
http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=30638

this is a specific Map mode and has the convoy map included
http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=46146
VonHelsching

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: GW and shipping lanes Reply with quote

andy_311 wrote:
In the GW mod I would like to know 1 question have the single traffic and convoy route have changed from the original routes?
Reason am asking is I hardly encounter a single ship now and encounter convoys where they arn't suppose to be.
I f this is so is there a new map with the shipping route available somewhere or is it pot luck and take your chances where you go?

Yes. GW uses a random layer with reduced single merchant traffic and reduced contact reports, compared to the stock game, but improved convoy composition, like RuB (where you can see Aux cruisers, BB etc. inside convoys); historically researched also. This comes from a mod called Improved Convoys.
andy_311

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually implying the map that comes in the box with the game 3 times now I have encountered convoys in grid CE on my map it shows nothing in that grid no convoy routes no single routes the closest route is in grid CF.Don't get me wrong am not gripeing just intregued
VonHelsching

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This map, "Convoy Lanes" is embedded in GWs map view. Press F5 and try +/- magnifying. You'll find it. There is a little bug with this in the GW 1.1 update. GW 1.0 is fine.
Kpt. Lehmann

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VonHelsching wrote:
This map, "Convoy Lanes" is embedded in GWs map view. Press F5 and try +/- magnifying. You'll find it. There is a little bug with this in the GW 1.1 update. GW 1.0 is fine.

... and we fixed it!

Read this thread... especially the first post.

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=51468

Cool
Kpt. Lehmann

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBadVuk wrote:
WAIT,wait,wait...im playing GW for 1 month now(or so) and i have been played SH1.0 before that for like 6-7 months...R u trying to say that nav map(F5) is changed in GW so u can see the routes for convoys directly there...becose I DONT see any diference between these 2 versions(GW and 1.0 SH3)...I noticed some changes (like coloured layers for easier determination of depth under keel with marker tool selected,and clock) but i didnt found in any zoom level any trace of convoy routes!!!!! :down: Damn

Its a draggable map located in the upper left hand corner of your F5 screen. Cool
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: