Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Landlubber saying "ahoy!"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Molon Labe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suBB wrote:
@ Molon labe

veerrrryyy niiiicccee (cylon evolution) Rock

so... where can i get a bumper sticker?!?!? hahahaha

what an incredible show that is... cant wait for next season

I guess these guys can make them for you:
http://www.makestickers.com/
http://www.bumperstatements.com/

How about these?

Molon Labe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SKeeM wrote:
I belive manual TMA is were the game is at. In multi play thats were a players skill level comes out. But when proving skill it is best for both players to have the same platform. I think playing with the SW in multi play is = to useing a hack or exploit. 688's and Akula's are were the game is at.

I couldn't agree more. Auto TMA games just remove so much of the high-pressure judgments from the game. I wish I didn't get so spoiled with auto from DW 1.0-1.02. I'm rusty. =(
goldorak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SKeeM wrote:
I belive manual TMA is were the game is at. In multi play thats were a players skill level comes out. But when proving skill it is best for both players to have the same platform. I think playing with the SW in multi play is = to useing a hack or exploit. 688's and Akula's are were the game is at.

I don't agree that using the seawolf against the 688i or the akula is a hack or exploit.
Sure using auto tma in games gives the seawolf a very large advantage, but if you oblige evey player to use manual tma well thats a totally different story.
Its a pity that most players just use auto tma Sad
Try doing a 688i vs seawolf vs akula match with everything on manual.
There should be some surprises Rotfl Yep
SKeeM

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SW is quiter, faster, has more decoys and better sonar. It can get a range to target rite away. And againts the 688 it has more weapons that it can fire. No advantage there you say? The Akula has more weapons to fire but the 688 has better sonar so that is a fair trade off. I think all subs againts the FFG w/Helo is a fair match up.
Molon Labe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you ever get a very fair matchup with the FFG. The closest you come is FFG v Kilo, which favors the FFG significantly (except for the Klub Kilo). Any SSN v FFG, and the FFG might as well just scuttle itself.

As for Seawolves, in the stock game the SW has a slight advantage over the Akula, but this is largely terrain dependent. It's only in wide-open ocean environments when the fight becomes fundamentally unfair. A 688I is at a severe disadvantage against an Akula.

With LW/Ami, the US subs are siginficantly more powerful relative to the Russian subs, making a SW v. Akula match a bit pitched in most cases, and the 688I v Akula becomes a fair fight.
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With LWAMI 3.xx, I'd say that the FFG with its two helos and any submarine are a fair match provided the mission designer starts the platforms at least 20-25nm away MINIMUM or the acoustic condition and terrain are significant factors on lowering the ranges at which engagement occurs.

If the FFG is part of a SAG with anti-missile capable ships nearby, the FFG is at a significant advantage... add the presence of a P-3C or AI ASW aircraft told to do something useful and the chances of submarine survival drop to under 20% until engagement and essentially zero after.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: