Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

The Pacific has made a new man out of me

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbrow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: The Pacific has made a new man out of me Reply with quote

i ran some tests the other night trying to run up from Chile to Alaska. i used to cry when i had to cross the Atlantic from France to America. but that trip was just a drop in the bucket compared to the Pacific. i made the trip from the Galapagos to Hawaii and just that alone about sent me to the escape key. i explored ever control and space available to me in the control room. i finally found some sanity just laying in my bunk looking at the pillow as the game ran 1024 night and day. then it hit me - and then it hit me! My TV is right there! put my DVD copy of Das Boot on and select the scenes where the crew is fighting, getting checked for lice, and the silly dance scene. IT WORKED. so while my PC ran the little map icon 6000 miles through stormy and calm seas, i watched my crew through Das Boot making fools of themselves. i wish there was a way to bring up selected scenes in a small window in the game.

anyway, after a single mission that took nearly four months and covered some 35,000 miles - thanks to supply ships - even those Das Boot scenes were wearing on my nerves!!!

i hope SH4 makes a better timewarp factor - cause the Pacific is one huge ocean.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: