Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Active Intercept

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sub Sailor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Active Intercept Reply with quote

I wrote earlier asking this, but now I am unable to find the origianl post.
Is there Sonar Frequency list for DW like the SCX Ping List put out by jimwebdesigner.net/joaomartins-website/sc/scx_ping_list?
This was a very helpful tool that I used a lot and still use when playing SCXIIe, but the sonars in DW do not match the frequency in DW.
I have started building a list but it will take along time and since I am 65 years old I am concerned I will never finish it before my last dive.
If there is such a list for DW would someone be so kind to tell me where to find it?

Thank you,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(SS) :lurk:
Sub Sailor
Deathblow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question, I know that LW has customized the active sonar frequencies quite a bit, its probably important to know what frequencies correlate to what boats...

... in a pdf format would be great as well, that way it could be handy at alt-tab for quick referencing (on a side note....hm... I really need a 2nd monitor to be able to reference without alt-tabbing out of the game Neutral\ that would be Neutral\ Neutral\ Thumbs Up
MaHuJa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathblow wrote:
I really need a 2nd monitor to be able to reference without alt-tabbing out of the game

Rock
GunnersMate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathblow wrote:
Good question, I know that LW has customized the active sonar frequencies quite a bit, its probably important to know what frequencies correlate to what boats...

... in a pdf format would be great as well, that way it could be handy at alt-tab for quick referencing (on a side note....hm... I really need a 2nd monitor to be able to reference without alt-tabbing out of the game Neutral\ that would be Neutral\ Neutral\ Thumbs Up

ummm Got a printer?
Deathblow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GunnersMate wrote:
ummm Got a printer?

You can't ctrl-f (MS find function) a sheet of paper Yep :know:
Sub Sailor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: I will set it up if you all will help. Reply with quote

This chart I have for SCXIIc is very simple, list Frequencies and platforms. It has sections for Surface, Air, and mine warfare. Active intercept provides you with the frequency.
So if all of you when you play get an active intercept, turn on show truth and get the platform. Then send me the frequency and the platform I will collect them and when I have enough I will post them for everyone to use. You can usually have a platform pretty well ID before you can in narrow band. Granted several platforms will have the same frequencies, but usually you can know what you are up against by mission briefing and mission goals. I have not heard mine warfare enough, but you can readily tell if it is Surface or air, all the air has high frequencies 10000-14800.

I hope you will help out,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(SS) :lurk:
Sub Sailor
Deathblow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A peak at the database thru DWEdit might be more productive
Sub Sailor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

Deathblow; I don't know how to peak at the DW edit, I know in the database there is something called sensors but I don't know how to open it.
I will look anywhere, within reason, if someone can guide me.

Sub Sailor
Deathblow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DWEdit is pretty useful and fun once you get used to it, shouldn't be too hard to setup.

1. Download the DWEdit program from Bill's site http://www.subguru.com/downloads.html , iirc, I think the DWEdit program that I'm most familar with is the "Ludger Styra's Dangerous Waters database editor" (a few scroll-lengths down). Should be an independent program that stands alone.
2. To take a look at the database, active that program and open up the object.eod file in the DangerWaters/Database folder, this should have all the platform stats of the game that are accessible to modding
3. To see the platforms, open up the "object dialog". This is the list of all the ingame, including the playable, platforms. Use the filter option to select the platform type that your interested in seeing (i.e. unselect all the other platform types accept what you want to see only, and push "apply filter")
4. To see which active sonar that that platform is using doubleclick on an individual platform in the list. The sensors that that platform is toting should appear in the "sensor slots" list at the bottom left hand corner, the platforms active sonar should be included in the list somewhere, but may not be obviously named. For example, in LW 3.02 the 688i's active sonar is called "688i MF active (BQQ-10 Act). That should tell you the name of that platforms active sonar.
5. To see the stats of each active sonar sensors open up the "Sensors Dialog" Menu from the main menu. (looks like a satellite dish). You can use to "Filter" option to select only "Active" sensors (i.e. deselect all of the other sensor types in the upper left hand corner list except "active" and push "apply filter". These should be all the active sonar sensors in the game that were referenced in the sensor slots list on the "object dialogs"
6. By doubleclickin on a particular active sonar its stats should appear. The frequency of the active sonar should in the "Sonar frequency max" box iirc.

You should be able to view and modify each and ever active sonar frequency in the database with the method above. Hope that helps (or at least makes sense
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: