Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Presets end use toepedoes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schaitan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Presets end use toepedoes Reply with quote

Sorry for my very bad english language!
In vary manual I have found opposite reason about the use non conventional of torpedoes. The questions are: a torpedoes or a mine, can be used like a countermeasure ? It is as big to become a target for an incoming torpedoes?
In "Blue Book" manual, Tomhawks also are used for asw operations: after they enter in the water, they give to enemy much reflecton sound end confuse them, so the own boat can hide its attack.
That's all true ? The manual of Timmyg 00, if i've right understanding, say esactly the opposite. Who have the reason?

Tanks, Schaitan
Molon Labe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Blue Book was written for 688I, and the TACMAN for SC.

In 688I, missiles fired when the sub was too deep or too fast remain in water for a significant amount of time; perhaps for the rest of the game.

In SC, those same missiles would be deleted a few seconds after they failed. So, even if they did produce an active sonar return, they wouldn't last long enough for this to be a useful exploit.
Schaitan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Very explicative! Reply with quote

Tanks for the answer! However, i would know what happen in real-warld, independently by the modelling of 688(I) and Sub Command.
Another question who interest is te following. In Bue Book is wraited that a torpedoes, slow speed launched, when acquire the target increase automatically its speed until a maximum. Even more, this happen in the real-warld? This situation is good simulated in 688 end Sub Command for your opinion?

Very Tanks, i'm too novice... Schaitan

P.S However, yesterday i've destroyed the Kutznetzov battle group, whitout demages reported!!!!! My greater victory until a now!!!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: