Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Platform Mins & Max

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raskil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Platform Mins & Max Reply with quote

Hi,

im looking for an Excel sheet or something simular, wich displays the platforms Mins & Max (max. depths for subs, detection Range for various sensors, max. Speed, max. height, weapon range, etc).

I ve found soime of the Infos in the manual and others in the "Blue Book". But they are completly lacking information on the new platforms in DW.

Raskil
MaHuJa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The specific numbers from the blue book may be outdated, where they relate to a platforms performance.

Check the manual appendixes for most of the information. I believe there is a weapons range table somewhere at subguru.com.

I don't think I've missed anything then; "detection ranges"... well... they vary. Though you could use a database editor, and check the sensors database, and see what the maximum detection range for the sensor is.
Raskil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i tried to get the max detection ranges from the database... but i couldnt find them. I m using DWEdit-1-1-22-1 to browse the Database.
Kapitan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a hardernd Akula skipper i can tell you the basics of my boat.

Max depth 570 meters (taken her down to 600 before she crushed)
Max speed well 35 knots straight run but have taken her past 70

Note dont run more than 3 knots with any mast extended this is what i do at 5 knots they break just gives you a little leway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kazuaki Shimazaki II

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kapitan wrote:
Note dont run more than 3 knots with any mast extended this is what i do at 5 knots they break just gives you a little leway.

5? I can do 10 and I make 8 because at 9, I hear some Russian that goes like "cavitasei". I hear poo poo after raising my "elektromagnetik pilengaterer" at 8 knots, but I never had it break on me.

Sorry for crappy transliteration. Very Happy
Kapitan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can run up to 8 or 9 knots but do you realy want to chance leaving a heavy wake at the rear? or loosing a mast? or more so being heard?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OneShot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunate for all the sub skippers, masts who leave a detectable wake are only modelled in reality ... not in the game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raskil wrote:
so i tried to get the max detection ranges from the database... but i couldnt find them. I m using DWEdit-1-1-22-1 to browse the Database.

The detection ranges are determined by a complex acoustic model that runs the Passive Sound Level though environmentally based processing and checks that against the sensitivity of the individual sensor across the range of frequencies to which the sensor is receptive...

In other words, the actual in-game detection ranges are highly variable for any given sensor across conditions and for any given condition across sensors.

I hope to create a "standard method" for evaluating sensor performance using something like three disparate conditions when the variable tables are created for referencing LWAMI.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: