Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Problems with my account (Sulikate)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Comments to SUBSIM Review
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TEST_1000

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neal has been making some changes lately, so it's possible that you changed your email before he made the change that caused the setback.
Now, precisely when he made these changes, I do not know.:hmm:

I also invite you to try to change your email now and login again after you reactivate your account. Like that, you and I will be sure of our doubts and help Neal resolve this problem. Very Happy
Neal Stevens

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't give up, Sulikate! Why don't you e-mail me, with your desired password and e-mail, I will try to re-enter it.

For info on clearing cookies: http://helpdesk.wisc.edu/page.php?id=3235
TEST_1000

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEST_1000 wrote:
Okay Neal, I think there is a problem, as you can see; I am not logged in as Perilscope. I was about to reply to tell you guys that it as nothing to do with the browsers, I did a little test and I am now unable to login, no matter what.

Neal, I am going to do one more test.
Sulikate and me (Perilscope) we both have a modified account, right, we both changed emails, right; so now, since I am logged in as a normal user, I will try to change the email once more and see if I will be ousted again.:huh:

If I reply within a few seconds or so, it means I can change email with the normal user account, but if I do not reply immediately:
It means I am stuck again and I will need to create another account if I want to reply, which I will not waste database space just to say it does not work. So from then on, I will check out how things are going from a guests view, and I will login again as Perilscope when this problem is resolved, good luck. Neutral\

P.S. If I do not reply, there is really a big problem Neal, until this is fixed, you should post a warning message to not change email until further notice, or they won't be able to login with the normal username until the problem is resolved.

[PERILSCOPE]
ComradeBruno

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neal Stevens wrote:
Don't give up, Sulikate! Why don't you e-mail me, with your desired password and e-mail, I will try to re-enter it.

For info on clearing cookies: http://helpdesk.wisc.edu/page.php?id=3235

e-mail sent! :know:
Sulikate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Neal logged in as Sulikate. Works here, new password as you requested.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Neal Stevens

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, back as Neal. Now I will change my account e-mail, and then re-log in.
Neal Stevens

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I changed my e-mail in my Profile, logged out, closed all browsers, then opened IE6 and logged in, and now posting this.
Neal Stevens

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what the problem is, Perilscope. Could you e-mail me the e-mail and password you want for your Perilscope account, I'll see what I can do.

Neal
Neal Stevens

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, my e-mail has been changed back to the original.

Make sure you are not trying to change the password and e-mail at the same time.

When you change your e-mail, you must confirm your current password, enter it in the Current password: * field.
Sulikate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back!!! thanks guys :know:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Perilscope

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Neal, my problem is fixed.
Obviously, the changes that you just made to the table today fixed this problem as well.

I was waiting for you to realize it on you own before posting. When I saw that you made changes to the forum table today, I tried to click on the reactivation link that I had received when I changed email. Until today it did not work, hmmmm! But today it does.

For you information, that you changed your email does not mean anything, you are an administrator and everything is processed a bit differently, you do not need to reactivate your account by clinking on a link when you change email, guaranteed. Therefore, you cannot test with your own account, never. :huh:

By the way, to explain the problem that we were having, is that when we changed email, our account became inactive until we clicked on a reactivation link inside an email that we receive shortly after doing the email change. This reactivation process is where it messed up Neal, clicking on that link did not update all concerned files or tables in the database, thus we could not login until you manually inputed the data, which by the way was not normal. Like I said, since you fixed some tables today, that reactivation link now works.

Now of course, all my testing above would be irrelevant. However, I want you to know that I had found this specific reactivation problem by doing my own testing; I hope that I could have helped you in any way.

Regards, Thumbs Up
Neal Stevens

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Peril! Yep
Perilscope

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neal Stevens wrote:
Thanks, Peril! Yep

Actually, I thank you. You are always concerned and try to solve things when they occur, and that can only be good for your forum security. Thumbs Up
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Comments to SUBSIM Review All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: