Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Oh my boys!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captcav

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Oh my boys! Reply with quote

you know i havent been in here for about a year? close to i guess, and suprise suprise, its the same old forum topics. There seems to be very little new to DW, or at least from what i can see. People are still trying to figure out if a downed pilot can be rescued or not, and there still isnt any new player models! my god! i lost value in this game a year ago, cause nothing changes, nothing at all! nothing is new!

Try virtual sailor for a change! pick any ship you want! model it yaself! sail it round! graphics are crap getting better! but they are constantly updating and take note of the users forums!

dear o dear, whats gonna happen when DW doesnt sell? you've been waiting a year for something that might not happen!

Sorry guys
Enigma65

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who did you say crapped in your sandbox? :down:
Konovalov

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enigma65 wrote:
Who did you say crapped in your sandbox? :down:

Laughing Exactly.
XabbaRus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today is 7 April 2006, you joined October 2005, That is a bit less that a year no?
goldorak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he's a clone of Boomer Joking Rotfl
Molon Labe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like he doesn't realize that with the retail release, we've got a whole bunch of new players that are naturally asking the same things we were asking when we got the game last spring.

That, and someone $h1t in his cereal. Baw!
Kapitan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even if he has a point what is he gabbering about.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sub Sailor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: I guess I am just old Reply with quote

I fail to even understand the original post. One of the best sims out according to several gaming news, game out in Europe, there is more dam scenarios than you know what to do with- and you"Same old stuff", hell I get something off this site everyday-I guess I am just easily satisfied.
DW is a great sim, Subsim review is a great site, and the people on it are tops. I fail to see what your point is.

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret) :lurk:
Sub Sailor
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the risk of posting in this thread, something I'm going to do exactly once, the sonar model additions to 1.02 make DW a completely different simulator, far more significant than changes to graphics.

But of course, when all you do is b*tch, you can't see anything other than the obvious and often irrelevant, and so that becomes your life.

*Yawn*
Sub Sailor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Nothing New Reply with quote

Captcav:
I may have sounded off to much last night, and I have thought it over. I have been logging on to subsim review since Moby Dick was a minnow, and it has to be, in my opinion, the best site around.
As far as how far DW as come or changed-please look at all the work that as been done by many dedicated people. I started out with 688i and moved up the sims to DW, each one had to be improved and the people on this site rose to the challenge. All of the sims, I only play 688i, SC, and DW, and I do submit scenarios that I have developed have been improved, I truly hated SC and DW at first but let me say, 24 years on nuclear subs that both of them are about as close to real world many people will ever get. I have been there and done that, so I feel I can speak with first hand knowledge about subs and their operations.
I am trying to understand you statement-nothing has changed- what are you looking for or what do you expect?
Everyone on this site is open to suggestions, so if you would be more specific and offer suggestions, trust me this site will respond.
PLEASE rather than knock it and condemn everything tell us what you want or offer the changes your self. OH Sir I believe it is selling quite well-you bought one.

Respectfully,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret) Very Happy
Sub Sailor
John Channing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Oh my boys! Reply with quote

captcav wrote:
you know i havent been in here for about a year?

Actually more like 3 months and 3 days.

But who's counting?

JCC
Palindromeria

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Oh my boys! Reply with quote

captcav wrote:
same old forum topics.... People are still trying to figure out if a downed pilot can be rescued or not,

i had no idea that this point would cause you so much agita. Embarassed

By the way ... Confused

precisely where are the multitude of aforementioned downed pilot threads ? Joking

i really WOULD like to know .... Rotfl
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Hatch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've been away for a few months myself, having not contributed to the sometimes livery discussions here, last I visited, the outstanding points at issue were a patch to repair the blunders of the last patch was it not?

It would certainly be relevant to ask (and please don't give me the old they have not the man power to do it weak argument) when are they going to get it together and issue the patch for the latest patch?

Shall we take a chair and wait for another year mateys?

Perhaps a bed would be more fitting, hmmmm
Orm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatch wrote:
Well, I've been away for a few months myself, having not contributed to the sometimes livery discussions here, last I visited, the outstanding points at issue were a patch to repair the blunders of the last patch was it not?

It would certainly be relevant to ask (and please don't give me the old they have not the man power to do it weak argument) when are they going to get it together and issue the patch for the latest patch?

Shall we take a chair and wait for another year mateys?

Perhaps a bed would be more fitting, hmmmm

Not happy, nobody forced you here.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: