Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Using Reach Zone instead of having Airbases

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mission Designers' Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandbag69

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Using Reach Zone instead of having Airbases Reply with quote

I have been doing some mission testing today and created a scenario where my U-Boat approaches close to a Reach Zone area around Tobruk and is attacked by Randomly Spawning aircraft.
It has worked quite well so far and allows me to have flights or squadrons of aircraft huting for me in the REACH Zone Area.

I made the Reach Zone Area radius 800Km away from a fantasy Tobruk Airfield and had waypoints so that the patrol aircraft would fly a search pattern. Spawning time was 1 to 2 hours per air patrol.

It seems to have made the mission a bit more realistic.

Does anyone have any thoughts?
booger2005

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're sure they spawn from you're mission and not from the campaign layer? I'm shocked the spawn units thing worked.
sandbag69

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

booger2005 wrote:
You're sure they spawn from you're mission and not from the campaign layer? I'm shocked the spawn units thing worked.

Yes I had trouble at the beginning but as long as the Random groups entry date is the same as the mission start date and is at least 25Km away from the Uboat they spawn perfectly
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mission Designers' Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: