Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

links for DW multi ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Palindromeria

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: links for DW multi ? Reply with quote

Hi

starting to be able to abuse the ai a bit in single play.
yes, all manual...

would like to see how i fare in a some multi's

gamespy had a few visitors and the 1 game i joined was over in minutes as they used auto tma and nav map wep engage Sad

any other chat rooms or lobbies i can scope out ?

not looking for 30 player tourneys ..

just a few other people to shoot at Yep
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
OneShot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the CADC ... just post your times/days when you wanna play and you should get some people for playing. For the quick fix try Hyperlobby, tho thats not a sure hit ...

If you play on GameSpy and have some DSK guys in the game, try and grab one of the Akulas or Kilo, because their primary tactic is getting a fix on your position with at least two subs and then lob some -27s at you. If you have an Akula and/or Kilo you might at least reverse that tactic.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Molon Labe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. I think that a sub facing a threat of attack by ASROCs would do well to have more decoys available, making the Seawolf the first choice, followed by the Kilo. The best countertactic to an ASROC attack by a noisy Akula is to detect it first, again making the Seawolf (or even 688I in a modded game) the ideal choice, because it can attack from long range and clear datum before the missiles land at the point of origin.
OneShot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly, and I was quite able to hold my own against them the last time I played against three of them with a Seawolf. Was just a suggestion to offer them some of their own medicine. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Palindromeria

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe

i had already noticed that i could drop several starfish near an enemy and shout "YEEEEEEE HAH !!!! LEMME SEE YA DANCE PARDNER ! "

dang
do small games regularly regress into the wall of torpedos variety ?

anyways hyper lobby confused me. 1st i could only find questions about dw from like a year ago saying please add it .. then when i went to revisit i must have done something different, i got re-directed to hyper fighter and some wacky link about spyware and some fight between hyperfighter and hyperlobby (the battle of jiri and galen) how one of em is allegedly really a hacker blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

forgive me for being a bit insular if
i dunno waddup w all dat and dont want to.

isnt there a lobby where a bunch of peeps just bs and play by ip ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Molon Labe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dangerous-waters on Quakenet (irc), but it pretty much died after Hyperlobby started supporting DW.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: