Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

How to Install New SH2 Ships (Stupid Question)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter II, Destroyer Command & Classic Subsims
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AG124

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: How to Install New SH2 Ships (Stupid Question) Reply with quote

I feel that this is something I should be able to do, but I am unfamiliar with SH2 modding and cannot get Serg's new ships to appear under the museum. I assume entries have to be added to the database files, but I am not sure what to add. The Italian team's ships appear fine, as they have their own database files included with them. Please help me.

Embarassed Laughing
JapLance

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you say, for the ships to appear in the Ship Viewer they must be inserted in the DB files.

This is a standard line in the DB:

Code:
Am,N,BB,Iowa,NBBIowa,BB61 Iowa,19430222,19800101,1019,South Dakota

1.- Am: ship's nationality. In the Ship Viewer appear only a handful of nations (Am, Ge, Br, Ne, Ja, It).

2.-N: this fields classifies the unit as Combat ship (N), Merchant (M) or Aircraft (A).

3.- BB: Ship Type. Options are the usual designations: CV, BB, CA, CL, DD etc.

4.- Iowa: class name. Every different class name you add in the country DB will appear as a new entry in the Ship Viewer.

5.- NBBIowa: the Unit Definition File (UDF) which has all the data needed in the game, including the model, speed, weapons, armament, sensors etc. UDF's are located in ../Sim/Units folder.

6.- BB61 Iowa: The name of each unit of the class.

7.- 19430222: Comission date, in format YYYY-MM-DD

8.- 19800101: Decomission date.

9.- 1019: a correlative number. No idea what it is intended for.

10.- South Dakota: No idea of what it means. Seems like it has no use in the game.

DB files are also useful for using in Kriegstanz, a very powerful Scenario Editor which takes unit class availability and names from them.

Finally, the description is a .txt file with the same name as the UDF file, but located in the folder ../Text/English/Units.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter II, Destroyer Command & Classic Subsims All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: