Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

DC Original files

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter II, Destroyer Command & Classic Subsims
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbrown

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: DC Original files Reply with quote

A few years ago, I modified DC from the files found around this site. One mod was a high res bridge that didn't work and crashed the game everytime I went there. In order for the game to work, I loaded the open bridge mod. Now I would like to go back to the original bridge look, but I don't know what files they are.
I did back up my old files and have made several attempts, but it never seems to work out.

What are these files called and where are these files located?

Thanks.
Hitman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you kept all the graphic files, you could easily revert by renaming the file that tells the game what background to load and where to place gauges, etc. Those files are located in the Destroyer Command/Sim/DSF folder, and then in the subfolder of the screen res you are using (1024 for hi-res, or the main "DSF" folder for default 640x480). The file is called I think "Bridge.DSF", but there is one for each station, with a pretty descriptive name.

Good luck
cbrown

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES, THAT'S IT!!

I wasn't doing all ofthe files and I was getting half the open bridge and half of the enclosed bridge. I was fooling around with the CIC files and not the DSF.

Thank you much for the help!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter II, Destroyer Command & Classic Subsims All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: