Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Serious 1.03 Akula II Bug?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goblin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I want to fire on a target 5nm away, I should set the range for 1nm, since entering in 5 would drop the torp 10nm away?
Ramius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goblin wrote:
So if I want to fire on a target 5nm away, I should set the range for 1nm, since entering in 5 would drop the torp 10nm away?

Basically - yes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TLAM Strike

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goblin wrote:
LWAMI's mod fixed this BTW...
OneShot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think JoGary made up a listing of the entered drop points and the resulting real drop points in the game some time back. Check around here and/or at the CADC in the subs tips&tricks ...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Orm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TLAM Strike wrote:
Goblin wrote:
LWAMI's mod fixed this BTW...

Without any ballistic flight of the torpedo. Realistic?
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMIGAWD does it really matter Orm??? Damn

The torpedoes hit the water at the right point and the rockets don't just disappear anymore. I'm done with this (Amizaur is the one who did it by the way, we owe the credit for this improvement to him).

Anyway. Anyone else feel like nitpicking over something COMPLETELY unrelated to gameplay yet would take days to do exactly 100% ascethically perfect while so many things that matter go unfixed?

I made good money today, I'm feelin' frisky. Rock

Laughing Joking
Orm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuftWolf wrote:
OMIGAWD does it really matter Orm??? Damn

The torpedoes hit the water at the right point and the rockets don't just disappear anymore. I'm done with this (Amizaur is the one who did it by the way, we owe the credit for this improvement to him).

Anyway. Anyone else feel like nitpicking over something COMPLETELY unrelated to gameplay yet would take days to do exactly 100% ascethically perfect while so many things that matter go unfixed?

I made good money today, I'm feelin' frisky. Rock

Laughing Joking

It was not a big critic. Only that when I used it the first time, I was somewhat surprise as I thought that the subroc infamous bug (the one when flying over ice or an island) had just reappeared. That was it. Peace. :sunny:
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh?

I guess I misunderstood you then, can you elaborate further if you have a chance? :hmm:

Didn't mean to be quick to the trigger. Smile

Actually, can anyone elaborate on what he is refering to? I'm not sure what Orm is describing. :8Cool
Orm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuftWolf wrote:
Huh?

I guess I misunderstood you then, can you elaborate further if you have a chance? :hmm:

Actually, can anyone elaborate on what he is refering to? I'm not sure what Orm is describing. :8Cool

I am not very sure if I have to take it as an insult or not.

Anyway, to the matter, I think you know that when launching on a ice map or if an island is between the launcher and the target, meaning that the subroc has to fly over the island (and should release its torpedo while still flying over the island), the missile had the bad habit to plunge directly to the sea without releasing any torpedo. Of course I am talking about stock DW.

Now, with your mod, I first thought when seeing the missile going straight to the sea and not releasing its torpedo that this bug was on. That’s all.
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orm wrote:
LuftWolf wrote:
Huh?

Anyway, to the matter, I think you know that when launching on a ice map or if an island is between the launcher and the target, meaning that the subroc has to fly over the island (and should release its torpedo while still flying over the island), the missile had the bad habit to plunge directly to the sea without releasing any torpedo. Of course I am talking about stock DW.

Now, with your mod, I first thought when seeing the missile going straight to the sea and not releasing its torpedo that this bug was on. That’s all.

No insult.

I wanted a clear description of what was happening in case there was a new bug that I wasn't aware of.

Thank you for clearing it up. Smile

Cheers,
David
Orm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Very Happy

Perhaps a bad habit from me to think that everybody know what I am thinking. Sorry.
Goblin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orm wrote:
LuftWolf wrote:
Huh?

That happened to me yesterday, but I was playing stock 1.03.
Strangely enough though, even though I saw the actual missile casing hit the water, the torpedo still emerged....almost as if the game lagged the animation of the torpedo releasing in mid-flight.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: