Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

WOLFPACK LEAGUE MULTIPLAYER

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Multiplayer Matchup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiwi_2005

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: WOLFPACK LEAGUE MULTIPLAYER Reply with quote

It confusing to find a game matchup, what the hell do it do! Ok in the SH3 multiplayer (in the game), Its straight forward, you host or join a server simple. Yet in the WPL im suppose to dl a chat then look for a game and it tells me to change my nickname? Why? Apart from that the chat has connection errors, i can't use chat, ive enabled my firewall to allow it, yet i get stupid chat errors. So does this mean Tough luck no multi for you!
Why can't this so called brilliant WPL hav a page or somethin where we see whos playing, whos hosting, and choose a game from there. Straight forward.

Not only that but i went tothe forums for help and it told me to log in i logged in only to get user name incorrect. I double checked even opened up the email from Dargo sent me on my registration and im 200% that it is correct! but the forums telling me its not
Damn I feel like swearing my head off! Far Canal! do i have to start a new register or something just to type in the Far canal forums?!?!

SH3 multiplay in the game makes it so easy, Im off to play the ubisoft multi!
Drebbel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is always good to see some happy faces when one just wakes up Very Happy
kiwi_2005

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heheh, your always a happy chap. I was just sooooo frustrated at the time that i had to vent my anger Laughing I DL the WPL Stats Aug05 Multi-missions and am able to host them on the Ubi com multiplayer in SH3, some very good missions made i might add. One convoy has two BB's!!!
Dutch89

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: hoops Reply with quote

I know what you mean, they have made great missions etc... and then all the drama to chat with Mirc - why do i have to buy a program to chat when there are heaps out there free and easier to set up. I still intend trying to get it sorted an play with a great bunch of guys.

We need to get a few more NZers and Aussies in the 29th. La Spezia Flotila, ones that want to play the stat missions that is.
Dutch89

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: mp Reply with quote

Why dont we try to get a few guys together local from Australia and NZ and set up a time to play the stat mission. Thursday or friday night works for me, know any other local guys that want o play. I assume u would want to play with a highis realism setting 75% to 100%

Calling all captains from down under to play down under .

Cheers
Skanner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Gameplayesettings.cfg Reply with quote

Iwould like to play i have noticed that really the only things that we need to play online is a setting of

1)Mapupdate=true
2)Manualtargeting=false

all the other settings to false

But no one of the 4 multiplayer gamesettings (in Gameplayesettings.cfg) are so configured

Normal game is too easy and not fun for the external view on
Hard game is too hard for the Manualtageting setted to true...

How about to modify the gameplay settings?
Dutch89

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Hard Reply with quote

I am sure that on hard settings the map updates still apper on the map- i was playing it the other day - and we were both inputting data into the tdc with info we recieced from the map updates. Have another look at it u might be surprised.

And yes it would be great to catch up on line, I have juist dont the stuff to be a BR so we dont have to spend time looking for one.

Keep in contact - we normaly play around 7 to 9pm NZ time - which is about GMT +12

Stat games had to be certain settings

Cheers Dutch
Dutch89

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Location Reply with quote

It would be handy for mulit player is people that want to play would let us know what there location is in there profile - i know that people probably want to keep the infor to themselves because of security, but it is important to work out time zones and play times.

Cheers
Skanner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Italy my time is GMT + 1

What u mean with this?:

"Stat games had to be certain settings"

I have seen many post but never found info on WPL settings....

can u say me more?

Thx
Skanner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Gameplayesettings.cfg to have fun (MOD-REALISTIC) Reply with quote

I propose this settings to use to have fun:

I changed 2 values in realistic seetings:
IN ubi we can call it MODIFIED_REALISTIC or MOD-REAL:

[Easy]
LimitedBatteries=false
LimitedCompressedAir=false
LimitedO2=false
LimitedFuel=false
RealisticVulnerability=false
RealisticRepairTime=false
RealisticShipSinkingTime=false
ManualTargetingSystem=false
NoMapUpdate=false
RealisticSensors=false
DudTorpedoes=false
RealisticReload=false
NoEventCamera=false
NoExternalView=false
NoStabilizeView=false
NoNoiseMeter=false
NoWeaponOfficerAssist=false

[Normal]
LimitedBatteries=true
LimitedCompressedAir=false
LimitedO2=true
LimitedFuel=false
RealisticVulnerability=false
RealisticRepairTime=true
ManualTargetingSystem=false
NoMapUpdate=false
RealisticSensors=true
DudTorpedoes=true
RealisticReload=false
NoEventCamera=false
NoExternalView=false
NoStabilizeView=false
NoNoiseMeter=false
NoWeaponOfficerAssist=false

[Hard]
LimitedBatteries=true
LimitedCompressedAir=true
LimitedO2=true
LimitedFuel=true
RealisticVulnerability=true
RealisticRepairTime=true
ManualTargetingSystem=true
NoMapUpdate=false
RealisticSensors=true
DudTorpedoes=true
RealisticReload=true
NoEventCamera=true
NoExternalView=false
NoStabilizeView=false
NoNoiseMeter=false
NoWeaponOfficerAssist=true

[Realistic]
LimitedBatteries=true
LimitedCompressedAir=true
LimitedO2=true
LimitedFuel=true
RealisticVulnerability=true
RealisticRepairTime=true
RealisticShipSinkingTime=true
ManualTargetingSystem=false **** MODIFIED VALUE
NoMapUpdate=false ************MODIFIED VALUE

RealisticSensors=true
DudTorpedoes=true
RealisticReload=true
NoEventCamera=true
NoExternalView=true
NoStabilizeView=true
NoNoiseMeter=true
NoWeaponOfficerAssist=true

[RealismPercentage]
LimitedBatteriesRealismPercentage=5
LimitedCompressedAirRealismPercentage=1
LimitedO2RealismPercentage=6
LimitedFuelRealismPercentage=6
RealisticVulnerabilityRealismPercentage=5
RealisticRepairTimeRealismPercentage=8
RealisticShipSinkingTimeRealismPercentage=2
ManualTargetingSystemRealismPercentage=15
NoMapUpdateRealismPercentage=12
RealisticSensorsRealismPercentage=6
DudTorpedoesRealismPercentage=4
RealisticReloadRealismPercentage=6
NoEventCameraRealismPercentage=3
NoExternalViewRealismPercentage=8
NoStabilizeViewRealismPercentage=5
NoNoiseMeterRealismPercentage=2
NoWeaponOfficerAssistRealismPercentage=6

I think that with this settings all can play and have fun ... u have to hear the sonar but u can fire rapidly also when a destroyer is near u...
I experimented this settings in a tournament and i think it is very fun.
Hornet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Guys, guys, guys Reply with quote

Guys, I wanted to hit on a few points about wolfpack league... www.subclub.info/wpl/

The league is growing by leeps and bounds, we have over 1300 members now and stat games ( games that go on your record) are being played all the time. We have a great data base that records your scores and ranks you against the other players worldwide. Which I think is kewl...... Thumbs Up

What is suppose to happen is that you join a flotilla that represents your own time zone, this is so that other players know where you live and can coordinate multi-missions with you at the correct time. Now one of the things we have started doing is sending out mass emailings of scheduled games. I'm in the process of updating my email address book, but right now, I have added about 400 email addresses of the members and have a long way to 1300 still, but I'm working on it. I have sent out many ( hundreds ) of emails already to some members telling them of game times, all you have to do is show up at that time in the chat room, and we organize there, then turn our ( permissions ) on, and then set up the server at ubi. Very easy.....

Now one of the reasons you may not have gotten an email yet from me could be: You put in a bogus email at the league when you joined up. Mad 2nd. Your email might have changed and you didn't update it at wpl. I have gotten several dozen emails returned to me because some emails were bogus that the members had put in when they joined, or they just changed. Its up to you to let us know when it changes if you expect to get notices.

If you wish to ensure you get updates from the league, then send Dargo at the website your up to date info and he will correct it. If you want to notify me that you are interested in some games, then email me at usshornet2000@yahoo.com I'll add you to my list....

There has been many postings in our forums about the chat program. Mirc is free and can be downloaded at the website, or I can email it to you.

Java, the wpl normal chat program comes with most computers. if you don't have it, there has been postings in our forums about where you can get it. I don't remember the links, but if you look around its there.

We play stats at wpl at all settings. If you want to play hard settings we allow that, if you want to play at normal settings we allow that too. All you have to do is find players that like playing the way you do, and organize a game with them. I have played at all settings, but my favorite is Normal.....

I know sometimes players don't have time to gather in a chat room and wait for others to join. We have a game schedule forum that you can look at and it list game times that are being set up. I have one scheduled for 6:00 PM Central U.S Time tomorrow ( Friday january 13th ) or 24:00 GMT if you want to join us. We always post times in the game schedule forum so that players know when the games are. But you can always play at wpl, anytime you find players in the chat.

Another suggestion: If you can't for some technical reason join our chat room, then organize by email. The members list has the emails of the membership. Just send out some emails and organize times. Its not that hard. We are already doing it..... Smug

Hope to see all of you.

Hornet
WPL - Stat Chief
Spike

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://pub.theartofwarfare.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=770&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Multiplayer Matchup All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: