Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

2 Questions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mission Designers' Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy_311

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: 2 Questions Reply with quote

Q1 How would I do this instead of adding obejectives to a mission beforehand I would like the messages sent via the radio?
Q2 I would like to create a mission before WW2 began for example a recon mission say poland in 1938 but as diplomatic talks become gridlocked tension mounts I want the country to be neutral at the time, but I also want it to attack the sub it it's detected is it possible and how?
thanks
booger2005

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: 2 Questions Reply with quote

andy_311 wrote:
Q1 How would I do this instead of adding obejectives to a mission beforehand I would like the messages sent via the radio?
Q2 I would like to create a mission before WW2 began for example a recon mission say poland in 1938 but as diplomatic talks become gridlocked tension mounts I want the country to be neutral at the time, but I also want it to attack the sub it it's detected is it possible and how?
thanks

A1 Add a "trigger" of type time and set it to the start time of the mission. Then Add an Event of type Message and type in the message you want andset it to be triggered by the trigger you created before.

A2 No. The mission editor can't control what side a ship is on. You will need to modify the DefSides.cfg file to do that. An enemy ship will always attack (or start zig-zagging if unarmed). Neutal warships will attack you up to 24 hours after you attack one of their ships. These are the only behaviors available.

You will need to be creative to implement want you want.
For example, FreeFrance is always allied, even in 1938. If you edited the DefSide.cfg (in the folder Roster) to make Germany axis during this time, then you could have Polish (neutral) ships behaving as neutrals and Free French (allied) ships attacking you.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mission Designers' Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: